Annuity Marketing Idea

InsuranceExec - thanks for posting this one. I haven't been around here long, but this is one of the more worthwhile ideas I've seen. Thank you for sharing.

Give me a call sometime; maybe we can chat about some other ideas.

Create a three-tier or dartboard approach to profiling sales prospects. The top tier or bull's-eye of the dartboard represents the prime target audience. Spend the most time with the tier in the bull's-eye and the least amount of time with the third tier. The marketing strategy should focus on a message to address the needs of each group.

Yes, that makes sense.

Heck, I think I could do better just standing outside the local bank with my laptop, product literature and apps.

Thanks for the link to the article. I would like to research the possibilities of a print ad fairly soon.

Last edited:
I know an agent that once paid a college kid $10/h to stand on a street corner downtown all day, wearing a sandwich board sign that read "ask me how to get a tax deferred 5% interest rate for 5 years".
When the people walking by would ask him he would hand them a flyer and tell them to call the agent.

After two days of doing this he picked up 2 new clients and captured around $200k in assets...

Of course that was back when a 5 year FA was actually paying 5%... and he timed it well, because it was right at the beginning of the CD rate plummet.
But it could still work.

Back