Annuity Pitch/presentation

#1 pitch/present/educate ... Whatever you want to call it ... goes without saying

#2 still don't see the need to incorporate this into my pitch.

#3 I do discuss RMD's and the possibility of living on decreasing income and decreasing assets if kept in a 401k with the possibility of market losses etc

#4 I do discuss the tax implications of IRA's, 401k's and Roth IRA's ... I haven't had anyone not believe me yet about tax implications (that I know of), but good point

Thanks for your input .. I appreciate it ... Hoping to get some other valuable input from others that have had success in the annuity market and maybe pick up s thing or two to add to my annuity pitch/presentation/education

Sorry, I got a little snippy cause I saw that other thread from that *** and I think I painted you with the same brush. (And my mind doesn't usually 'wake up' until after 12 noon anyway.) I apologize.

The 'arrangements' part was to show that you can do IRAs with "accounts" or "annuities". It's a subtle thing.

But yeah, I've had clients act really surprised that they'd have to pay taxes on their IRA distributions and, if they have enough taxable retirement income, pay taxes on their social security benefits too.

----------

If you want to sell indexed annuities, check out the video training from the Insurance Pro Shop.

You can keep it very simple and disclose everything a client needs to know in order to choose to fund an annuity.

You can get it for $25/month on their members only site: IPS Insurance Marketing and Sales Resource Center

You have a fundamental problem that needs to be fixed: You view information as another possible bullet point for your product "pitch" , when you should be viewing information as things that you need to learn and know to develop yourself into an advisor as opposed to a product pusher.

That *could* be part of the Merrill Lynch wirehouse-type training.

Gather their assets now, ask questions later?

Which, for annuities, definitely doesn't work, because you really need to ask all the questions up front before making a recommendation.

I'll get on that right away Stephen ... Thanks for pointing that out lol

DHK - What are you talking about? Of course there is a conversation to find out if an annuity is suitable for them. Isn't that what the suitability forms are for in the application as well? Obviously, it's not, oh here's the annuity paperwork .. Can you sign?

While I am new to insurance somewhat, I am not new to sales. I have never had s salaried job. I love guys like Stephen that, instead of adding something of value to a thread, would rather point fingers act like a know it all.

Guys - As I said earlier. I am looking to pickup tips, pointers, info etc from this forum to add to my "pitch"/presentation to get better at this and make me a better advisor.

Last edited:
Then my first recommendation is to improve your communication skills.

You started the thread with this:
Title - Annuity Pitch/presentation

What am I to gather from that?

I have very little to go on from who you are, what you do, what your problems are. All you want us to do is read your mind and then pour out all the details on how we sell.

It it MY JOB to remember and look up every single post you have ever made? No. I had no idea you were with Merrill Lynch (not that it changes much of anything).

You said
"#1 pitch/present/educate ... Whatever you want to call it ... goes without saying"

Well, you didn't say it, or much of anything else. You'd be surprised by other posters that have come onto this forum.

You keep wanting tips & tricks... well, I already gave you a great reference for only $25/month.

But you aren't very clear in outlining your problems in selling annuities.

Learn to ask questions.

Then learn to ask better questions.

The quality of the question you ask... will help you get the quality of answers you are looking for.

----------

Are you with a new B/D?

Are you with a captive insurance company?

What kind of annuities are you looking to sell? Variable? Fixed? Fixed Indexed?

What do you think annuities do?

What competitive advantages do you think they have compared to where your clients have their assets now?

I'll get on that right away Stephen ... Thanks for pointing that out lol

I love guys like Stephen that, instead of adding something of value to a thread, would rather point fingers act like a know it all.

Guys - As I said earlier. I am looking to pickup tips, pointers, info etc from this forum to add to my "pitch"/presentation to get better at this and make me a better advisor.

I am not pointing a finger, I am stating a fact. I don't claim to know it all, but if you are currently working for an NAA clone selling life insurance for 70% commission ,and a lifetime annuity production of $120K, then I do know more than you do in this market.

It doesn't mean that I think that I am smarter than you, or better than you, it is just another fact.

----------

Even if you didn't like the flavor of my post, it has already helped you. Shortly after I recommended that you develop your own knowledge to become a better advisor, you have already began to incorporate my professional lingo into your mission plan here.

Back