Annuity Push For 2020 which carriers?

PWJW

Hello,
I’m trying to really push my annuity business in 2020 and want to know which annuities you might recommend for me to offer? I’d like to keep the number of carriers I have to less than 5 just so I can really focus on my offerings and know the product line. Any suggestions? How would you choose?

Thank you!

Athene is very competitive if looking for premium bonus products and decent caps. Great American has excellent caps and some solid short term products (3 year, 5 year & 7 year) and all you would need other than these would be a carrier that is competitive in the income rider space....I will defer that answer to someone who writes this version of the product frequently as less than 10% of my sales have such a rider added.

Stay tuned & dont lock in to your favorite carriers yet. If interest rates continue to drop as predicted, it will greatly impact what fixed myga products can offer & impede what EIA can offer.

There is so much money flowing from countries with negative interest rates into US Treasury bonds that it is driving the interest rates down further. 10 yr Treasury rate is below 1.7% still. 30 yr Treasury was below 2%--a record low in the history of our country.

These type of rates make it near impossible for carriers to pay interest along with commission & investment costs.

Hopefully something changes soon

I would be more than happy to share some products that are extremely competitive, uncapped, and have indexes designed by world renown economists. Dr Shiller, Dr Ibbotson for example.

Also, I agree with Allen and that is why it is so important to diversify with global strategies. If your in a domestic index you have already seen and will see more rate adjustments!!

I would be more than happy to share some products that are extremely competitive, uncapped, and have indexes designed by world renown economists. Dr Shiller, Dr Ibbotson for example.

Also, I agree with Allen and that is why it is so important to diversify with global strategies. If your in a domestic index you have already seen and will see more rate adjustments!!
The rest of the "globe" is in a way worse position than the U.S.

Annexus has some great products that most of us have access to...

To the OP, products which can be shiny and new one year can be straight garbage a few years later. Look for track records, guarantees, and client objectives rather than focusing on a particular carrier or two.

Thanks for all the comments, definitely some carriers I recognize and also some great advice!

Hello,
I’m trying to really push my annuity business in 2020 and want to know which annuities you might recommend for me to offer? I’d like to keep the number of carriers I have to less than 5 just so I can really focus on my offerings and know the product line. Any suggestions? How would you choose?

Thank you!

Atlantic Coast Life is going to be my main focus.
It tracks the Aging of America Index.
You also get 200% participation on the 3 year index.

Fixed indexed and Fixed are all I represent however. Even though my license is specifically for variable.
If I were you I'd keep you and your clients far away from variable contracts.

I have done hundreds of millions of dollars in production with Athene. I've been with them since their inception. If your in the senior market I believe they have the best suite of products for seniors. If you have any questions feel free to contact me directly.

Back