Another Appt. Setter Question

Haha well I'm rolling the dice and hoping there is some serious money to be made in insurance. I mean, some of you are making a great living right?

Right?

*Prays the answer is yes*

Well I'm only on my 3rd year And a few months ago I hit my 1 year anniversary on being independent. So...I'm not even close to 150k

I would not recommend anyone leaving a 150K job right now.. Take it slow I would try to ease into this work a couple of weekends a month..

I have a buddy in a similiar situation, he works in the credit card processing industry. They send him on 15 appointments a week, he makes 150K plus but they are taking 75% of his residuals since they send him on preset appointments.. I suggested the same thing to him, take it slow..

Well guys 150k in mortgages is good, but I'm 30 and single with no kids and hardly any bills so if I'm ever going to take the risk of changing careers I would say now is it. I'd like to do both but I don't feel like I can really give insurance the attention it needs to succeed in it if I'm also doing mortgages 40+ hours a week.

Is it risky to quit a good paying job to try another career path? Well yeah, but mortgages will always be there. My rent is like $650 and I have no car payment or credit card debt. I can honestly give insurance a really good go for a pretty long while before I have to "crawl" back to mortgages if things get bad.

I've been told by a few very respected members on here that if I focus just on Med Sup and try to add FE as well I can realistically be looking at 40-50K in my 1st year. Yeah that sounds horrible when compared to 150k now but I just cannot resist the idea of that residual income!

Making a set amount of money per loan is great, but selling a med sup and getting paid on it for many years? Now THAT sounds awesome.

i am sure we have a few agents in fla who would like to take over your old job.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
and a few more that would want to introduce you to their daughter, and a few more that would want to introduce you to their ex-wifes. lol

:D:D:D:D:D

Well that's why I'm on here, for advice. I mean if you guys think I should take it slow then I guess I can but won't it take me forever to get it going and how long can I have zero social life? I mean mortgages and insurance on the weekend?

But at the very least I guess I could make a commitment to try Med sup/FE sales only on the weekends and if I really like it or have a nack for it I should be able to project what it would mean if I focused on it 5 days a week instead of just 1 or 2 days a week.

This is a "get rich slow" industry.. I would start out slow on a part time basis but thats just me. After a couple of weekends you should know if you have a future in insurance..

Don't worry some will be along shortly to tell you that you can't do insurance on part-time basis:D.

Well that's why I'm on here, for advice. I mean if you guys think I should take it slow then I guess I can but won't it take me forever to get it going and how long can I have zero social life? I mean mortgages and insurance on the weekend?

But at the very least I guess I could make a commitment to try Med sup/FE sales only on the weekends and if I really like it or have a nack for it I should be able to project what it would mean if I focused on it 5 days a week instead of just 1 or 2 days a week.

Hey Slush, you can give me a call sometime if you like. I can pretty much tell you the ins and outs of the senior business and also gauge your existing knowledge of the market. Maybe that may help you in making a decision. I'll help where I can.

Back