Another Insulin Diabetic

IN-47725 zip and 67 year old male

plan f $163.40

plan n $114.38

being he is within 3 years of T65 only has to answear

5 Answer these health questions to determine if you are eligible for this coverage
5A. Do any of these apply to you?
• have end stage renal (kidney) disease
• currently receiving dialysis
• diagnosed with kidney disease that may require dialysis
• admitted to a hospital as an inpatient within the past
90 days
Y N
5B. Within the past two years, has a medical professional
recommended or discussed as a treatment option, any
of the following that has NOT been completed:
• hospital admittance as an inpatient
• organ transplant
• back or spine surgery
• joint replacement
• surgery for cancer
• heart surgery
• vascular surgery

At the same time, you may want to check the rating calculation method bankers is using in his zip code (issue age, attained age, or community rated - I think they're usually issue age in most places and don't use community rating at all, but you would need to verify) and which one UHC is using in that area (typically community-rated, but sometimes attained or issue age).

If he's got issue age, it may be a better policy in the long term if the difference in rates are only like $20 per month. If you're talking about a $50+ difference per month, then UHC may be a better gamble for him (especially if it's community rated)

The fact is the guy would never be able to change Med Supps again with his medical history unless he's downgrading his plan internally with the same carrier the plan is through. Are you the existing agent on his bankers med supp?

Even though the coverage is the same and UHC may be cheaper, it's also a roll of the dice on how long he may live and how much it may cost him in the long run to stay with the current company or changing to UHC.

At the same time, you may want to check the rating calculation method bankers is using in his zip code (issue age, attained age, or community rated - I think they're usually issue age in most places and don't use community rating at all, but you would need to verify) and which one UHC is using in that area (typically community-rated, but sometimes attained or issue age).

If he's got issue age, it may be a better policy in the long term if the difference in rates are only like $20 per month. If you're talking about a $50+ difference per month, then UHC may be a better gamble for him (especially if it's community rated)

The fact is the guy would never be able to change Med Supps again with his medical history unless he's downgrading his plan internally with the same carrier the plan is through. Are you the existing agent on his bankers med supp?

Even though the coverage is the same and UHC may be cheaper, it's also a roll of the dice on how long he may live and how much it may cost him in the long run to stay with the current company or changing to UHC.

bankers???? Really

You know how many people I speak with bankers rates go through the roof

1 woman last AEP started at $175 in 3 years was $350

I have yet to see an issue age company keep their rates competitive here in Indiana.

Absolutely I do not work for Bankers. I am trying to help him He is 67 and paying 263 a month already! I am going to show him UHC because I think he will be better off.

I don't ever sell bankers either. I'm just trying to keep an open mind perspective for someone who would never be able to qualify for another med supp other than UHC's level 2 rates (which are very expensive themselves).

It is a gamble for this guy, in essence, as he's basically going to be stuck with whatever decision he makes. Rating method should be considered here when thinking about the long-term outcome for him - I just wouldn't rule out the consideration so fast.

Not defending bankers here - just saying there's a need to look a little further than just what do you pay now vs. what's the other carrier's rate for the same plan as the guy won't be able to move again with his medical history.

Note - I did say if we're talking about $20 a month difference vs. $50+ per month difference.

At $263 per month, then yes, UHC likely would offer a better long-term option (the rates weren't even mentioned til the last comment before this one). If we were talking about $200 or less per month, then it would be another story. All I'm pointing out is the guy would not be able to go to another med supp company in the future. If he's going plan F with UHC, then he'd only be able to downgrade his plan to lower his rates once it's put in force.

I don't ever sell bankers either. I'm just trying to keep an open mind perspective for someone who would never be able to qualify for another med supp other than UHC's level 2 rates (which are very expensive themselves).

It is a gamble for this guy, in essence, as he's basically going to be stuck with whatever decision he makes. Rating method should be considered here when thinking about the long-term outcome for him - I just wouldn't rule out the consideration so fast.

Not defending bankers here - just saying there's a need to look a little further than just what do you pay now vs. what's the other carrier's rate for the same plan as the guy won't be able to move again with his medical history.

Note - I did say if we're talking about $20 a month difference vs. $50+ per month difference.

At $263 per month, then yes, UHC likely would offer a better long-term option (the rates weren't even mentioned til the last comment before this one). If we were talking about $200 or less per month, then it would be another story. All I'm pointing out is the guy would not be able to go to another med supp company in the future. If he's going plan F with UHC, then he'd only be able to downgrade his plan to lower his rates once it's put in force.

1 banker raises rate insanely

2 there is no level 2 when someone is within 3 years of t65 or part b whichever is later

3 at least with aarp they have the option of lowering rates by going with lower letter in future with no underwriting

I think UHC will actually allow them to increase their letter without underwriting too on certain occasions - had heard this from someone else before. May want to get confirmation from a rep, but if so, big advantage for them.

Back