Another Texan from Fort Worth Seeking Guidance

txdude

Hello Everyone!

1st post. I live in Fort Worth looking to learn about insurance business.

About me: 40 something, male, served in the Corps (Semper Fi), BA and Masters Degree, Bilingual in Spanish/English. I would be happy with 80k a year and grinning from El Paso to Texarkana if I could make 200K after 3 years in the business. Don't really know what route to take looks like P&C to start and and health and life later. I have a lil money saved up. Looking for guidance.

Seems like I need to contact independent MGA since most people on the forum say captured is not good. I live near Lake Worth and Eagle Mountain area of Fort Worth. Are there any MGAs in my vicinity.

Thanks to all that respond.

Hello Everyone!

1st post. I live in Fort Worth looking to learn about insurance business.

About me: 40 something, male, served in the Corps (Semper Fi), BA and Masters Degree, Bilingual in Spanish/English. I would be happy with 80k a year and grinning from El Paso to Texarkana if I could make 200K after 3 years in the business. Don't really know what route to take looks like P&C to start and and health and life later. I have a lil money saved up. Looking for guidance.

Seems like I need to contact independent MGA since most people on the forum say captured is not good. I live near Lake Worth and Eagle Mountain area of Fort Worth. Are there any MGAs in my vicinity.

Thanks to all that respond.

Welcome to the Forum and thank you for your service!:yes:

Are you related to Thedude on the Forum?:)

Hey TXDude,

You're right, you'll do much better as an independent agent. Not only are the commissions usually much more, but you'll have great options for your clients if your first carrier doesn't work out for them. I focus on Mortgage Protection and Final Expense but am always happy to write other products like payment protection and whole life. My company also has an awesome advanced markets team that helps us focus in on annuities for our clients. Although MP is a "one and done" sale, annual reviews and great relationships with our clients give us the opportunity to further serve them. I protect them... and my family at the same time by earning an awesome living! I'm in Dallas area for about a week, working here, I'd be happy to talk anytime if I can help in any way.

Best of luck!
Sue

Back