Any advice on leaving Lincoln Heritage?

Bama5070

I am considering leaving Lincoln Heritage. The rah-rah meetings and the unethical hard selling to seniors is more than I bargained for.

I am considering leaving Lincoln Heritage. The rah-rah meetings and the unethical hard selling to seniors is more than I bargained for.

Study some of the threads that talk about going Indy. Also there are some good FMO's and IMO's located on the forum who you might want to look into. Don't sign stuff until you do your homework. Some things you need to have a handle on:

1. Are you upset with Lincoln because of Lincoln or because you can't sell?
  2. Do you have needed cash flow?
  3. Can you keep your foot in Lincoln and move out in other directions?
  4. Are you willing to learn, work and be teachable? (If that's a no, your sunk.)
  5. How committed are you to this profession? Your Clients?

The forum is a great place to start your research. Many questions are answered buy guys with years of experience. Caution: bring your shovel so you and dig through the stuff...

If you have a burning desire to learn, the answer you seek is located in front of you. :)

Study some of the threads that talk about going Indy. Also there are some good FMO's and IMO's located on the forum who you might want to look into. Don't sign stuff until you do your homework. Some things you need to have a handle on:

1. Are you upset with Lincoln because of Lincoln or because you can't sell?
  2. Do you have needed cash flow?
  3. Can you keep your foot in Lincoln and move out in other directions?
  4. Are you willing to learn, work and be teachable? (If that's a no, your sunk.)
  5. How committed are you to this profession? Your Clients?

The forum is a great place to start your research. Many questions are answered buy guys with years of experience. Caution: bring your shovel so you and dig through the stuff...

If you have a burning desire to learn, the answer you seek is located in front of you. :)

Excellent advice as well as the questions to be answered!!

@Bama5070

Ditto Life Halk

You say you are a Novice. Then it is most likely you and not them. You don't know what you don't know. Some of the top FE agem=nts have been with LH, Bankers, and all the hated agencies at one time.

Unethical how? Hard sales? some of these guys are taught to bum rush the dor. turn off their TV and tell them where to sit down in their own homes. In and out of the Life appointment in <30 minutes. And they are making bank.

I am not saying you are wrong. But right now you are just another newbie that is looking to jump ship. Now, if you were putting up numbers and are leaving then I stand corrected.

All of that said it very well could be LH or the office you are working with. There are guys here I would and do work with and others that I would not and that would not want me. We all do not get along with everyone.

Be prepared to work your ass off for little reward in the beginning. Listen to your trainer. My trainer had me doing everything including buying the coffee and beer.

Lastly, don't blame LH, the leads or Covid-19 if you fail. This is Commission sales. You have to hunt and kill to eat. It is tough in the beginning but stupid easy later. We have all been there.

As Hawk said this forum is a freaken gold mine of info. Most of us had nothing remotely like this in the early days.

No questions are dumb questions unless not asked.

Join a group that offers Leads, Training & Support in exchange for reduced Commissions and make some great money while learning the Biz.

You can always become a full blown Broker, pay for your own leads & marketing expenses and earn higher commission %'s . . .

Feel free to reach out for info.

Back