Any Info on Ameritas?

Advisor06

Guru
100+ Post Club
I was wondering if anyone uses Ameritas? Any advice on their products, comp, bonus, etc? I was recently talking to someone who is offering transition money as well.

TIA

They're rarely talked about on here, if at all. I recall seeing their 2-4 page spreads of all their MDRT Top of the Table and Court of the Table advisors.

I remember looking up their product line - just to see if there was anything special about it, and nothing jumped out at me from what I could tell - at least about their whole life insurance as described on their website. There might be some special programs or something internal, but I wouldn't know.

One advantage I would think would be that they offer group benefit programs - Dental, Vision, and Hearing - that could be good at getting into small companies and then offering other planning services.

I wish I had more to tell you, but I only know what I've read on their website and their occasional magazine ads.

They have excellent DI, took over Union Central's book a while back and the product is still very similar.

DHK is correct about the group side. Very strong supplemental benefits.

They also have a strong 401k plan for small businesses. They took over Guardian's book/product line a year or so ago.

Surprisingly, they sell the heck out of IUL. In the top 10 based on volume. I have no clue how the product looks to be honest.

Back