Any of y'all ever go to a Medicare industry conference?

axeman462

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I know there are quite a few different conferences.
There is one not far from me in April, but the price tag is a little steep.
Are these conferences worth the price of admission? Never been to one

Caveat, not an agent.

I don't know how to evaluate the practical usefulness of seminar content. That is type of judgement skill I was never able to develop.

However,

Reading in an old, long past thread, suggested to me that a number of agents consider a very significant value of a seminar (possibly as much as 50% of its value) to be after hours networking with other professionals.

As I wrote that, I have a niggling memory that one agent posted: in some cases he didn't register and attend the seminar, he just hung around the "after seminar meeting spots" and networked with the seminar attendees.

In my limited experience attending them, it seemed like a pep rally. Which may be more useful to newer agents.

There are "breakout sessions" where agents will pitch you on why they are doing that you can do to, if you buy their training program.

(The breakout session presenters actually have to pay to be there, so it's a subtle recruiting opportunity)

Nonetheless, you can make some new friends in the industry, and see old friends. Sometimes those one on ones are where you actually get the best out of the trip. It can also be a tax deductible business getaway.

One of my friends asked me a couple weeks ago if I wanted to go to one in April. He said it would be fun to go & play a little golf. I suppose he isnt wrong.

I know there are quite a few different conferences.
There is one not far from me in April, but the price tag is a little steep.
Are these conferences worth the price of admission? Never been to one
I personally don't think it's worth it. It's really like a trade show in a way. Trying to sell you something at every table.

Back