Anyone Deal with Lifetel Web or Lifetelinsure.com?

Hello all,

I've been lurking this thread for a couple weeks now. I signed up with lifetel two weeks ago and just finished my pre license course. Getting ready to set up my exam time for some time next week.

Really looking forward to getting my license and being trained on the product. Thank you all that provided some usfeful feedback.

Good luck to everyone out there. Look forward to being a part of the team soon.

Hi Legendary,

Congratulations on your decision, and good luck with your exam! Looks like we are starting at about the same time with Lifetel, so we should have similar experiences and learning curves with this new endeavor. Let's help lots of people and make good $$ while doing so!

----------

OK...today's update on my Lifetel experience.

Got my complete contracting package in to my manager today - it is a typical generic packet of contracting info where Lifetel can use my single contracting package to appoint me with a variety of carriers on an as-needed basis.

Some of the contracting is done directly through Lifetel, and some of it through an upline IMO they use. Through the two avenues, LifeTel agents appear to have access to virtually every carrier that sells insurance through the broker community.

I am finding that my questions and emails are getting prompt responses as I work through these early stages of contracting and basic training (the 14 podcasts/webinars).

Regarding the basic training, the 5 PRODUCT webinars consist of the presenter just reading through the carrier published product brochures of the preferred products for Newbie agents like me. They start us - logically so - with a mangageble universe of just one or two "GO TO" products in each category - NON-MED TERM, FULLY UNDERWRITTEN TERM, GUL, IUL, WHOLE LIFE, ETC. In addition to basic product knowlege, the presenter adds various tips, strategies, and appropriate markets for each product. I am finding the product info webinars to be very informative, interesting, and ultimately USEFUL, for the most part.

The 4 SYSTEMS webinars are DEMOS of common electronic platforms used in QUOTING insurance (IPIPELINE for term quotes, and WINFLEX for permanent ins quotes); doing ELECTRONIC APPS (IGO), and GETTING THE EXAMS DONE for fully underwritten products (EXAMONE). Once again, the demos are highly useful and informative for the work a Newbie agent like me is going to be doing selling insurance over the phone.

The SELLING webinars focus on various aspects of the sales process. There is a high-level SELLING SYSTEM OVERVIEW, and then 4 other webinars that take a focused look at various parts of the insurance selling process: LEADS & LEADS PROGRAM; SCRIPTING; REBUTTALS; & FIELD UNDERWRITING. So far, I have only had time to view the SELLING SYSTEM OVERVIEW, and it was dense with information, so I think I am going to review it again, and then move through the rest of the SELLING webinars.

So that's it for today. I'll keep you guys posted on how things work out. So far, so good :yes:

Hey Legendary :) Who did LifeTel put you through for your license course was it ExamFX or Prelicense.com?

Prelicense.com

Just submitted my application and set up my appointment for fingerprinting. My exam is scheduled for next Friday. So I will be studying each day in the mean time to refresh. :)

----------

Hi Legendary,

Congratulations on your decision, and good luck with your exam! Looks like we are starting at about the same time with Lifetel, so we should have similar experiences and learning curves with this new endeavor. Let's help lots of people and make good $$ while doing so!

----------

Got my complete contracting package in to my manager today - it is a typical generic packet of contracting info where Lifetel can use my single contracting package to appoint me with a variety of carriers on an as-needed basis.

Some of the contracting is done directly through Lifetel, and some of it through an upline IMO they use. Through the two avenues, LifeTel agents appear to have access to virtually every carrier that sells insurance through the broker community.

I am finding that my questions and emails are getting prompt responses as I work through these early stages of contracting and basic training (the 14 podcasts/webinars).

Regarding the basic training, the 5 PRODUCT webinars consist of the presenter just reading through the carrier published product brochures of the preferred products for Newbie agents like me. They start us - logically so - with a mangageble universe of just one or two "GO TO" products in each category - NON-MED TERM, FULLY UNDERWRITTEN TERM, GUL, IUL, WHOLE LIFE, ETC. In addition to basic product knowlege, the presenter adds various tips, strategies, and appropriate markets for each product. I am finding the product info webinars to be very informative, interesting, and ultimately USEFUL, for the most part.

The 4 SYSTEMS webinars are DEMOS of common electronic platforms used in QUOTING insurance (IPIPELINE for term quotes, and WINFLEX for permanent ins quotes); doing ELECTRONIC APPS (IGO), and GETTING THE EXAMS DONE for fully underwritten products (EXAMONE). Once again, the demos are highly useful and informative for the work a Newbie agent like me is going to be doing selling insurance over the phone.

The SELLING webinars focus on various aspects of the sales process. There is a high-level SELLING SYSTEM OVERVIEW, and then 4 other webinars that take a focused look at various parts of the insurance selling process: LEADS & LEADS PROGRAM; SCRIPTING; REBUTTALS; & FIELD UNDERWRITING. So far, I have only had time to view the SELLING SYSTEM OVERVIEW, and it was dense with information, so I think I am going to review it again, and then move through the rest of the SELLING webinars.

So that's it for today. I'll keep you guys posted on how things work out. So far, so good :yes:

Thank you so much! I'm very much looking forward to getting started. I know there is still so much for me to learn. so I'm just trying to take it all in. I hope everything continues to go smoothly for you! I'm sure you will be writing some insurance in no time. :1cute:

Hi Legendary,

----------

Hello Brownbenefit,

I too have gone through the same process as I've been with Lifetel for about 3 weeks now. This is now my 4th week and up until this point the communication with management has been smooth. I am a full-time agent so I receive about 100 internet leads and about 20 direct mail leads. The internet leads are of very poor quality. I know that's not saying much- its an internet lead. Its the same as cold calling. 40-70 percent of the email addresses will be wrong. Most of the numbers are incorrect or go to voicemail and the individuals that you talk to have no clue what your talking about. I think if they weren't so old you may have a chance with them. Now the direct mail leads are a little better but they are a year or so old. The response is better however. I was able to actually get through the script and complete a pre-app with a lady from the direct mail. Since it was my first app I had to complete a paper app on her. Unfortunately, after our first conversation I never heard from her again after many attempts at trying. I soon realized that I did not do enough tie downs(a term used in sales). This would have allowed me to know her true level of interest. I realize this is a MUST!

This is definitely a challenge and I've been in sales for sometime. However, I will continue to do(and not try for all you star wars fans...lol), so that I will get better! I believe its a great opportunity and in a few weeks I will purchase leads. Purchasing lead, in my opinion for what its worth, is the key to success with this!

Still working through the 14 webinars...should be finished with them sometime in the next 24 hours. I must say they cover all the bases with the "GO TO" products...they are all competitive and fill just about every imaginable niche in life insurance.

Hello, I passed my exam. I am with LifeTel and currently learning the system through webinar. New to the industry. I hope to be talking to many of you to guide me through.

Hello, I passed my exam. I am with LifeTel and currently learning the system through webinar. New to the industry. I hope to be talking to many of you to guide me through.

Hey Sethb2! Congrats on passing your exam! Looks like there are several of us getting started with Lifetel at about the same time. Feel free to PM me anytime if you want to chat.

I finished the 14 webinar trainings today, and am moving on to the next step Monday, which is a phone meeting with one of the principals at Lifetel during which, I believe, an action plan will be implemented so I can get working the phones ASAP!

Can't wait!:biggrin:

Looking to join the LifeTel ranks this week. I appreciate all who have added to this thread - it has helped me in my decision to find a great group to work with.

That's great InsForLife! Same for me...this very long thread, which takes hours to read in full LOL...this thread convinced me Lifetel has a good thing going. Only the documented success of others would convince me to part with $595 up front! Good luck!

----------

Basic training is complete...I'm chomping at the bit to get started...have phone meeting with a principle of the company Monday to get things rolling....I'll let you guys know how it works out when I start hitting the phones with the leads.

After completing the 14 training modules, I had a phone meeting yesterday with my manager (a principle of the company). I have a few "homework" assigments to complete in order to be ready to sell. These are all very necessary items such as completing contracting with the core carriers, reviewing the product brochures and the underwriting guides for the core products, and making sure I am all set up and comfortable with the web based quoting engines and electronic application process. I should be done with this by tomorrow late, and will let my manager know I'm ready to go. Shortly thereafter, the lead flow should begin (free internet and "B" leads initially), and then I'll see what I can do with em.

Back