Anyone else Feeling Paranoid?

TN_agent

Guru
100+ Post Club
Anyone else feel like they are being shopped a lot this year? I have had two calls today that I swear are shoppers. Or just really crazy people.

Very combative, insisting that I tell them over the phone the "best" plan. Unwilling to come in to the office, I have to tell them over the phone. Told me "I thought you were the expert" over and over again. "Just tell me the best plan, I will buy it from you over the phone"

The other one was asking if they could buy their Medicare prescription drug plan and car and home insurance in the same visit (our agency offers both, although I do not sell both). After I said they would have to meet with one of our P&C agents if they wanted a quote since I don't sell P&C, they hung up.

Am I being paranoid? I was the unlucky one to pull office duty on October 15th, maybe I am just getting the brunt of the shopper calls?

I had a woman in my office who wanted Med. Supps and drug cards for her and her husband.
I filled out her supp and rx card and I asked her to bring home the paperwork for her husbands plans as he needed to sign.

She huffed and puffed and asked if I could just sign it, I said nope, my husband came out of his office and she said "what about him, he can forge it right?" I said nope, this went on for ten minutes.

She then left with the paperwork and I have not heard from her since. (she took her paperwork with her also).

Thanks you cms secret shoppers, go get a life please and leave me alone.

I had a woman in my office who wanted Med. Supps and drug cards for her and her husband.
I filled out her supp and rx card and I asked her to bring home the paperwork for her husbands plans as he needed to sign.

She huffed and puffed and asked if I could just sign it, I said nope, my husband came out of his office and she said "what about him, he can forge it right?" I said nope, this went on for ten minutes.

She then left with the paperwork and I have not heard from her since. (she took her paperwork with her also).

Thanks you cms secret shoppers, go get a life please and leave me alone.

It seems more like entrapment. I wonder if they get bonused if they snare an agent that does the wrong thing?

It seems more like entrapment. I wonder if they get bonused if they snare an agent that does the wrong thing?

My wife and I mystery shop restaurants on a weekly basis. (My wife fills out the form, I just eat...)

They never ask us to entrap, just give a brief survey on the service... The intention of the mystery shopping is to improve service....

How do these people live with themselves doing secret shopping trying to ruin someone's career... These seniors must be desperate for the cash to do something like that...

We know CMS isn't doing this to help improve service... It is entrapment.

Sent from my iPad using InsForums

I think you guys are just running into people that really want you to do these things. I was shopped once and the lady never tried to entrap me. There's no bonus if they catch you. Come on guys, lay off the weed

Yeah ok Chazm, I sure the customer age 71 would really come up with the words, "oh come on, can't your husband just forge it?"
She would have said "can't I just sign for my husband?"

Anyone else feel like they are being shopped a lot this year? I have had two calls today that I swear are shoppers. Or just really crazy people.

Very combative, insisting that I tell them over the phone the "best" plan. Unwilling to come in to the office, I have to tell them over the phone. Told me "I thought you were the expert" over and over again. "Just tell me the best plan, I will buy it from you over the phone"

The other one was asking if they could buy their Medicare prescription drug plan and car and home insurance in the same visit (our agency offers both, although I do not sell both). After I said they would have to meet with one of our P&C agents if they wanted a quote since I don't sell P&C, they hung up.

Am I being paranoid? I was the unlucky one to pull office duty on October 15th, maybe I am just getting the brunt of the shopper calls?

You gotta stop smoking that stuff before you go to work :goofy:

Yeah ok Chazm, I sure the customer age 71 would really come up with the words, "oh come on, can't your husband just forge it?" She would have said "can't I just sign for my husband?"

I guess you're right, a 71 year old would have never heard the word "forge"

In the Talmud (Jewish tradition), it is taught that taking up a salesman's time when you have absolutely no intention of buying anything is a sin. Seriously.:)

Back