Anyone Have Success with Direct Mail for Ltci?

It is specific to product. Call me sometime and I can show it to you via desktop sharing.

It does have a check box for HHC, STC and LTCi.

We sell more HHC with Kemper combined with STC/Recovery Care with Standard Life and Accident and GTL than our traditional LTC products. Due mainly to Underwriting Concerns.

Thank you. I appreciate it. What is your phone number?

Give me a call and I can hook you up with Chris and LC as you need our OK to use it, he has been doing the DM for this piece.

Sorry to be so blunt, but do you have to contract to use it?

I am assuming, yes?

----------

We sell more HHC with Kemper combined with STC/Recovery Care with Standard Life and Accident and GTL than our traditional LTC products. Due mainly to Underwriting Concerns.

Are you selling the HHC/STC mainly with face to face sales?

Obviously those products are not in the great state of CA.

Sorry to be so blunt, but do you have to contract to use it?

I am assuming, yes?

Our Piece is proprietary to our group. LC cannot sell it to other agents without the order coming through us.

----------

Are you selling the HHC/STC mainly with face to face sales?
HHC must be f2f. Our STC plan with Standard Life and Accident can be sold over the phone.

Obviously those products are not in the great state of CA.
I know...Sucks to be in Cali for these products. LTC only there for our products.

I've been using LTC specific direct mail for 13 years. Years ago my response rates were 4%-5%, today it's less than 1%.

However, those that return the mailer have at least some interest in reviewing their options (or wouldn't take the time to fill out the card and mail it) and know upfront that they'll be contacted by someone to discuss LTCi.

I find better qualified prospects with direct mail than other forms of marketing.

It is specific to product. Call me sometime and I can show it to you via desktop sharing.

It does have a check box for HHC, STC and LTCi.

I would like to jump on and have a look at the product if you want to kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

I've been using LTC specific direct mail for 13 years. Years ago my response rates were 4%-5%, today it's less than 1%.

However, those that return the mailer have at least some interest in reviewing their options (or wouldn't take the time to fill out the card and mail it) and know upfront that they'll be contacted by someone to discuss LTCi.

I find better qualified prospects with direct mail than other forms of marketing.

The main advantage to direct mail is controlling your business to desired zip codes. The reason I ceased doing local direct mail is I cant afford face to face meetings anymore because I receive too many national inquiries and need to be in my office. But, I used to do well with it. Response rates in Atlanta dropped to 0.5% though, so compared with my other marketing it became a loser. I used usimc.org or .net years ago. I think PPC leads put them into dinosaur status

The reason I ceased doing local direct mail is I cant afford face to face meetings anymore because I receive too many national inquiries

How do you decide what states to be licensed in?

I would think it gets expensive/ hard to be in all states.

How do you decide what states to be licensed in?

I would think it gets expensive/ hard to be in all states.

I just got licensed in every state, and renew them all when they come up for renewals. Maybe it costs $7000 every few years. Really not sure. Don't really care. It is better to be licensed when an interested party asks you to write a policy then to be scrambling, delaying, applying for a license, researching and completing state CE, etc.

Also, if I mail a packet of information to someone and include a copy of my state license if may just help make an individual more comfortable in working with an out of state agent.

Its just a business expense.

Last edited:
Back