Anyone Using Direct Mail?

B

Beach Broker

Is anyone using direct mail on a consistent basis? If so, what type are you using? Postcard, tri-fold self mailer, letter?

Thanks,

Beach Broker

The wording is most important. I like a little sensationalism and bright color. Something more interesting than what everyone else is doing.

I guess the more expensive the mailer, the better the return. I've seen big producers use basic postcards.

The idea is to provoke them to take action. Reply cards - a lot of people return for spite. Maybe if they have to make a phone call it would be better.

Remember, KISS.

Any of you guys ever test using a toll free # on the lead card as well? Something to call into a basic message and leave info to be contacted. Ive heard a few marketing people mention this as a potential way to get higher response rate..thoughts/experiences with this?

Is anyone using direct mail on a consistent basis? If so, what type are you using? Postcard, tri-fold self mailer, letter?

Thanks,

Beach Broker

I've used direct mail for mortgage protection for years and have recently done mailings for final expense and annuities.
All are done with a postcard. I've tested a letter with a return envelop for mortgage protection and the return % was the same as a small postcard but the cost was double for the return envelop.

For final expense and annuities, the lead companies I have checked all use a postcard that fits in a #10 envelop.

Replies vary according to your area and product. Mtg protection runs .5% throughout the nation although I get .7% in Los Angeles. My replies for final expense and annuities ran 2% but the leads were lousy and I'm going to tweak the demographics to get less leads but more qualified ones.

All my direct mail goes out in a plain white envelop. The postcards have an attention-grabbing headline (at least that's what I think:laugh:). I do my own mailing because the leads come directly to me and I get to call the prospect quicker.

What are you doing in direct mail?

What are you doing in direct mail?[/quote]

I use joint venture partners like:

a P&C Commercial agent or a High Risk P&C agent or any of the following:

Health agents
Financial planners
Life agents
Lawyers
CPA’s
Chiropractors
Dentists

Then I will send an endorsed mailing to their list of customers with their permission. The letter goes along with a testimonial from the dentist or lawyer saying something to the effect of "This is a good guy, he has taken care of my insurance needs for a long time and has done a good job. Call him and get a quote." Then in reciprocation, I will let them send an endorsed mailing to my list of customers. It's all about the relationships. It has worked well so far.

Beach

What are you doing in direct mail?

I use joint venture partners like:

a P&C Commercial agent or a High Risk P&C agent or any of the following:

Health agents
Financial planners
Life agents
Lawyers
CPA’s
Chiropractors
Dentists

Then I will send an endorsed mailing to their list of customers with their permission. The letter goes along with a testimonial from the dentist or lawyer saying something to the effect of "This is a good guy, he has taken care of my insurance needs for a long time and has done a good job. Call him and get a quote." Then in reciprocation, I will let them send an endorsed mailing to my list of customers. It's all about the relationships. It has worked well so far.

Beach[/quote]

sounds very thorough. Thorough = better

Back