Anyone with Midland that Understands MVA

whall said:
She is wanting to move 75% out of the annuity and was hoping the the MVA would remove most of her surrender charges. I am being told that right now is great time to use the MVA to exit. I will just have to wait and see after I have her call the company.

Thank you,

Bill
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I know the basics. I was hoping that someone could let me know what percentage of the surrender charge is affected by the interest rate as of TODAY or the week, not general information, but thank you just the same.

Bill

It would be specific to her contract and when it was taken out.

She will have to fully surrender that contract with Midland for the positive MVA to be realized, partial surrenders will be penalized on anything above the 10% free withdraw allowance.

I know the basics. I was hoping that someone could let me know what percentage of the surrender charge is affected by the interest rate as of TODAY or the week, not general information, but thank you just the same.

Bill

Considering the amount depends on the market rates on the day the annuity was purchased and the market rates on the day of surrender, it would be impossible for anyone other than Midland to give you that information.

Considering the amount depends on the market rates on the day the annuity was purchased and the market rates on the day of surrender, it would be impossible for anyone other than Midland to give you that information.

That's the answer I was looking for. I pretty much thought that I would have to call the carrier, but with technology the way it is, you never know. Thank you.

Latest posts

Back