AON Strikes Again!!!

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
I enrolled a woman into a Humana Gold Plus for a T65 February 2017 effective back in November. When she told me that she was an ATT retiree, I asked her if she had received any paperwork from them. She said NO, so I continued with the application process. Today, she told me that AON contacted her to advise her of a $2,400/yr stipend for her healthcare provided that she goes through them (of course). I told her that she must buy ONE product to receive the stipend. She will (of course) listen to their unknowledgeable flunky and go from there. What kind of products can she buy through them to use up her $2,400/yr? Does she get to keep CASH if she doesn't use all of it?

She can buy her Med Supp outside of AON. and, purchase the Part D through AON. She then can submit her Med Supp invoices for reimbursement through the HRA. Unless it has changed recently??

I enrolled a woman into a Humana Gold Plus for a T65 February 2017 effective back in November. When she told me that she was an ATT retiree, I asked her if she had received any paperwork from them. She said NO, so I continued with the application process. Today, she told me that AON contacted her to advise her of a $2,400/yr stipend for her healthcare provided that she goes through them (of course). I told her that she must buy ONE product to receive the stipend. She will (of course) listen to their unknowledgeable flunky and go from there. What kind of products can she buy through them to use up her $2,400/yr? Does she get to keep CASH if she doesn't use all of it?

Why shouldn't she use that money to purchase a med supp over an HMO? Who knows what else she could use that money for. If you were smart, you would have steered her to them to begin with and moved on to the next client.

Why shouldn't she use that money to purchase a med supp over an HMO? Who knows what else she could use that money for. If you were smart, you would have steered her to them to begin with and moved on to the next client.

So...you're saying that wehotex isn't smart?:laugh:

Get a copy of the FAQs from the AON login page, that's where it has the explanation that DS4 posted.

The explanation says that reimbursement must be processed manually, but I believe that is only the first time. There is a paper form that can be filled out to request auto reimbursement, and there's a place to do it on the site.

To my knowledge, she would have to buy the pdp from them, and get the supp from you. But I believe another forum member posted earlier this year that moving forward, she could buy the dental or vision from them (instead of the pdp) and still get reimbursement.

There's also a phone app to use for requesting reimbursement. Take pic of receipt and upload (not sure how well it works though).

In regard to the following remark, I apologize if I am remembering incorrectly:

There have been several of this type of thread. It seems to me that in one of them there was mention of the amount of reimbursement varying depending upon the type of coverage selected-that selecting a drug plan or the dental-vision-hearing plan- caused a significant reduction in the amount of reimbursement available to the aon member. Does that apply here, and if so, is the variance large enough to make taking a non-aon supplement plan financially imprudent?

You are SO FUNNY!! I don't really encounter enough of these highfalutin ATT retirees to really know which ones have benefits and which ones don't. Maybe they all do?!! When I asked her the first time, she said NO. That was good enough for me. I had already enrolled her husband before. I could ask her to ask them if she would receive the SAME Reimbursement amount regardless of the amount of products that she selects, also the prices of what they are offering. But, I tend to think that it's probably not worth it.:mad:

You are SO FUNNY!! I don't really encounter enough of these highfalutin ATT retirees to really know which ones have benefits and which ones don't. Maybe they all do?!! When I asked her the first time, she said NO. That was good enough for me. I had already enrolled her husband before. I could ask her to ask them if she would receive the SAME Reimbursement amount regardless of the amount of products that she selects, also the prices of what they are offering. But, I tend to think that it's probably not worth it.:mad:

I've done several of these. They have to buy one thing thru AON. It's usually the PDP but it doesn't have to be.

It's a reimbursement for the sup or whatever they buy outside the AON deal. The first time you set it up it's a bit of a hassle but once it's done, it's done. They get the reimbursement every month automatically.

They do not get any leftover month. So if the sup and the PDP are less than the allowance they could buy something else like vision or dental. It's a use it or lose it deal.

I've done several of these. They have to buy one thing thru AON. It's usually the PDP but it doesn't have to be.

It's a reimbursement for the sup or whatever they buy outside the AON deal. The first time you set it up it's a bit of a hassle but once it's done, it's done. They get the reimbursement every month automatically.

They do not get any leftover month. So if the sup and the PDP are less than the allowance they could buy something else like vision or dental. It's a use it or lose it deal.

or they can use it to pay pdp,ma or med supp copays

Back