Approved for Appointment then 2 Days Later Un-approved

It was to be a captive agent (ICA) for United. I was upfront not only about my bankruptcy and the very valid reason why it had to occur and my home foreclosure. (I lost my job and they eventually foreclosed on my house selling at auction for $100 and then they got the judge to rule that I was still held liable for the outstanding $300,000+ mortgage. I had mortgage payments but somebody else bought and owned the actual house). If that isn't a valid reason for filing bankruptcy I don't know what is. I'm looking into going with an FMO now called Berwick. Any knowlege of them? They say that the sales agent keeps 100% of their commission with them and is actually paid directly from the insurance company. But because United will not appoint me I wouldn't be able to sell their line.

The only other thing in my background is health related. My inability to hold a convention 8 to 5 job is the reason I thought this would be a good "new career". However, United was the insurance agency through my job so they have access to my disabilities. Would that be legal? Can they use health records as a reason to terminate someone?

The Sales Manager who submitted me for appointment was informed why they un-approved my appointment but she now refuses to take my calls or call me back so I have no idea how to appeal.

Contact UHC. They need to notify you as well as why your appointment was undone.

I'd probably go by the sales manager's office and ask why in person.

It was to be a captive agent (ICA) for United. I was upfront not only about my bankruptcy and the very valid reason why it had to occur and my home foreclosure. (I lost my job and they eventually foreclosed on my house selling at auction for $100 and then they got the judge to rule that I was still held liable for the outstanding $300,000+ mortgage. I had mortgage payments but somebody else bought and owned the actual house). If that isn't a valid reason for filing bankruptcy I don't know what is. I'm looking into going with an FMO now called Berwick. Any knowlege of them? They say that the sales agent keeps 100% of their commission with them and is actually paid directly from the insurance company. But because United will not appoint me I wouldn't be able to sell their line.

The only other thing in my background is health related. My inability to hold a convention 8 to 5 job is the reason I thought this would be a good "new career". However, United was the insurance agency through my job so they have access to my disabilities. Would that be legal? Can they use health records as a reason to terminate someone?

The Sales Manager who submitted me for appointment was informed why they un-approved my appointment but she now refuses to take my calls or call me back so I have no idea how to appeal.

My UHC contract is with Berwick and I have zero complaints. Colleen there is great to deal with. As for the other lines I have no idea. I would only use them for MAPD as you can get better life contracts from me or anywhere else for that matter.

Any one here know how long the look back is with UHC/AARP MAPD for background these days? Know from experience? I know it use to be 10 years for bk's and things like that. How about for misdemeanors ie: Disorderly Conduct, 10 years, 7, 5??

Hello.

I am newly Health licensed as the start of a new career as an agent specializing in Medicare products. I thought going with an individual provider first to get my feet wet and learn would be the best route to take. I chose United Healthcare as I knew someone who has been selling policies for them for a number of years.

I contacted them and they brought me in for an interview and they immediately submitted me to begin the process of appointment. I received notice that I had been approved and that I could register with their Advisor site to begin my certifications. Then suddenly two days later they deactivated my account, without notice of any kind. When I contacted their help desk I eventually got a secured message online that I was no longer an agent for United. They did not give a reason as to why, but rather they sent the reason to the person who was to be my Sales Manager. Prior to the notification this person said it most likely had to do with my having filed bankruptcy a few years back and I could appeal. Since she received her letter she no longer will take my calls and will not return any of messages.

Does anyone have suggestions on how and why this could happen? All I want from them now is the reason why they chose to do this as being a producer was to be my new full time career and this could potentially affect every other attempt to receive an appointment.

Thanks.

Used them in the past through an FMO... not now.

But this one and a couple of other new threads lead me to believe that I wouldn't use them now... I always said, how a company chooses to treat its agents is how it treats its clients... not impressed at the moment.

But like Vol stated you need to find out why... so that on a go forward you know what you may be dealing with if you look at other carriers.

Back