Are there any Med supps that don’t have dementia as a knockout question?

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
This 85-year old customer was a former Aetna PPO mb who was a patient in a SNF where her daughter in-law worked. The DIL convinced her son (DIL’s husband) that AEtna PPO was yanking her out before the member was ready. The mb doesn’t recall too much about the whole thing. Snippy DIL bypassed me after I explained to her and son how the MIL could be disenrolled from MAPD ( LIS). Maybe at that point my duty should have been to only the member? But, she appeared to be incapacitated according to her doting (but henpecked) son.

The member has phoned me twice about how she could go back to Aetna. Not wanting to get in the middle of her family drama, I told her that a Med Supp would be a better choice. The SNF stay was about 1 1/2 years ago. She’s on 1 insulin + tradjenta and other run of the mill common drugs. I was trying to fish around to see if she is using an Alzheimer’s drug- no dice.

AARP med Supp question asks if the person has been diagnosed with Dementia in the past 5 years. I think that this woman is a long shot for any Med Supp. Are there ANY med supps that don’t ask about Dementia?

This 85-year old customer was a former Aetna PPO mb who was a patient in a SNF where her daughter in-law worked. The DIL convinced her son (DIL’s husband) that AEtna PPO was yanking her out before the member was ready. The mb doesn’t recall too much about the whole thing. Snippy DIL bypassed me after I explained to her and son how the MIL could be disenrolled from MAPD ( LIS). Maybe at that point my duty should have been to only the member? But, she appeared to be incapacitated according to her doting (but henpecked) son.

The member has phoned me twice about how she could go back to Aetna. Not wanting to get in the middle of her family drama, I told her that a Med Supp would be a better choice. The SNF stay was about 1 1/2 years ago. She’s on 1 insulin + tradjenta and other run of the mill common drugs. I was trying to fish around to see if she is using an Alzheimer’s drug- no dice.

AARP med Supp question asks if the person has been diagnosed with Dementia in the past 5 years. I think that this woman is a long shot for any Med Supp. Are there ANY med supps that don’t ask about Dementia?
No. The only Med Supp that will consider Dementia is National General (according to the Toolkit). She'd have to be able to perform all of the ADL's . Cognex, Exelon, Hydergine, Namenda, Razadyne and Reminyl are Dementia drugs on the RX KO list.

Back