Are Your Eyes Open Yet?

Well, your opinion is just that Yours!

If your old buddy was put in the nursing home for 8 weeks for skilled care, and then sent home to be on oxygen for the rest of his life, how much better off would he be?

In Florida, the med sup & Rx runs close to $2500 a year. Imagine taking a MAPD PPO for zero premium and small copays and putting the $2500 in the bank. Don't forget to increase it every year like the carriers do, 5-14%.

In Florida, MAs rule because of the high concentration of seniors.

Buying a supplement is overinsuring. Call your P & C agent and have him zero your policies so you won't have any out of pocket.

Supps are good in areas that aren't serviced by MAs.

Learn more about MA. If you are any good, you should be able to be objective about insurance.

100% of my Medicare Supplement and Medicare Advantage business is done by referrals, either by my Parents or other Financial Planners.

I tell them both the same thing.

When they approach me about someone who might be interested in either a Medicare Supplement, or Medicare Advantage, I let them know that the person needs to initiate contact with me, and let me know the following: (either by e-mail or phone message)
  • What they currently have
  • What doctors they see
  • What medications they take
  • What prior conditions they have
  • What their budget is
This has nothing to do with CMS. It has more do to with my valuable time. I don't want to spend a great deal of time, once I am in front of them. Reason being - with both Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplements - these plans are very straight forward. Not too complicated.

Plus

By having this information beforehand, I am better informed, and come across as a professional consultant, rather than just a salesman.

I have absolutely NO concern over the CMS regulations, because I don't telemarket, buy leads, or do mail outs.

Medicare is NOT my only avenue of income, and will just be another "added" source of income. I do believe that there is a place for both MS and MA. Competition is good, and the end user benefits.

I have been in contact with a few Seniors in other states (California, specifically), who've had MA's for a few years, and they are quite satisfied with their plan. I'm sure some are garbage, but some are not.

Whenever I come to a part of my presentation where I am restricted in any way (by the way, thank G-d I'm not Securities Licenced. Whew, what they have to disclose!), I simply tell the individual, "CMS guidelines demands that I say the following..." Since these are all people who know me, they fully understand why I have to say it.

I happen to believe in some of the regulations put forth by CMS. Do they go overboard? Yes, they have to. But, as time goes on, and things settle down, those of us who are professional, and are in it for the long haul, will be able to sell richer plans in the future.

This I believe in my heart - I am smarter than CMS, or any government regulatory agency. Any restrictions they put in front of me, I can work to my benefit. They just don't know it.

As mentioned before - I am not Securities Lisenced, nor do I want to be. I see what other associates of mine have to go through, year after year. Are they crazy? I'd rather deal with CMS idiots, who don't know better than I, than with the FCC, who are.

As mentioned before - I am not Securities Lisenced, nor do I want to be. I see what other associates of mine have to go through, year after year. Are they crazy? I'd rather deal with CMS idiots, who don't know better than I, than with the FCC, who are.

Bob,

I agreed with everything you said until that last paragraph. What does the FCC have to do with being securities licensed?

Back