Assurity Questions

rousemark

Still Here!
5000 Post Club
Niota, TN
I do not want to take on another company to not do any business with. In fact, would like to narrow down so I want to be sure before I take on any other company. I have seen what people have to say about the Assurity FE products.. But I am also interested in information on their other products.

I would like to have a decent Par WL.. Is Assurity competitive? What about their underwriting? Do they require POS on their non FE products?

Same question about their UL products.. Does it perform decently?

I have read their fully UW CI is almost impossible to get issued but what about the SI CI? How is the underwriting on it?

Is their DI competitive? Underwriting?

How competitive is their term and is the underwriting reasonable?

I am looking for one company that can compete in the majority of situations a GP agent would run across in the field.. Don't have to be the lowest price but does need to be competitive with reasonable underwriting and policy turnaround time.

Perhaps there are others, but Assurity is the only non Aegon company that I have seen that has a product in each of those markets.

Assurity's ParWL is decent enough for nearly any purpose. No medical exam required up to $149,999. Minimum face is $10,000... so it should fit any budget.

I'm not as familiar with their UL... as it requires a different illustration software, and I think the WL does much better.

They just increased their limits on their DI products. They still have an older DI product available in California that's basic enough, but gets the job done.

Non-medical term up to $350,000, and medical for $350,000+. I like that you can bundle a DI income rider in the policy for up to $3,000/month and 24 months.

The Nonmed term is convertable to a permanent plan as well. Haven't seen that anywhere else.

Haven't sent in any CI business yet, so I can't comment on it, but the Simplified CI has a "Assurity Advantage Service Guarantee":
The Assurity Advantage Guarantee assures that your simplified underwritten application will be processed and the policy mailed within four business days, or the writing agent can receive $100 cash.

There are a few stipulations which are quite reasonable.

The underwriting department is quite responsive as well.

The only "downside" I see, is that it is a direct-recognition company in regards to dividend treatment with outstanding loans. Their illustrated cash value performance seems to be 'on par' with other top carriers, such as Ohio National.

Assurity has a more complete product lineup for me in California and I wish they had a higher rating than an A-. My guess... is that they don't sell enough premium to really grow.

Assurity's top 10 producers have done this much in individual sales YTD (through May):
1 - $545,695
2 - $82,027
3 - $70,000
4 - $67,547
5 - $54,812
6 - $65,142
7 - $56,941
8 - $55,670
9 - $48,873
10 - $44,565

----------

Oh, they also have a couple of annuities, but they're fixed annuities or immediate annuities only. I'm not that excited about those, and they've suspended the sale of some due to the interest rate environment anyway.

I believe they have a CI rider for their term. Have you used it or reviewed it?

Lee

Assurity's ParWL is decent enough for nearly any purpose. No medical exam required up to $149,999. Minimum face is $10,000... so it should fit any budget.

I'm not as familiar with their UL... as it requires a different illustration software, and I think the WL does much better.

They just increased their limits on their DI products. They still have an older DI product available in California that's basic enough, but gets the job done.

Non-medical term up to $350,000, and medical for $350,000+. I like that you can bundle a DI income rider in the policy for up to $3,000/month and 24 months.

The Nonmed term is convertable to a permanent plan as well. Haven't seen that anywhere else.

Haven't sent in any CI business yet, so I can't comment on it, but the Simplified CI has a "Assurity Advantage Service Guarantee":

There are a few stipulations which are quite reasonable.

The underwriting department is quite responsive as well.

The only "downside" I see, is that it is a direct-recognition company in regards to dividend treatment with outstanding loans. Their illustrated cash value performance seems to be 'on par' with other top carriers, such as Ohio National.

Assurity has a more complete product lineup for me in California and I wish they had a higher rating than an A-. My guess... is that they don't sell enough premium to really grow.

Assurity's top 10 producers have done this much in individual sales YTD (through May):
1 - $545,695
2 - $82,027
3 - $70,000
4 - $67,547
5 - $54,812
6 - $65,142
7 - $56,941
8 - $55,670
9 - $48,873
10 - $44,565

----------

Oh, they also have a couple of annuities, but they're fixed annuities or immediate annuities only. I'm not that excited about those, and they've suspended the sale of some due to the interest rate environment anyway.

I like their Non med term product, esp for someone who wants ROP. Their app is long & they will interview at times, but its good & well priced!!

Last edited:
I like the "Disconnect e-app" mode that Assurity has too. You can do an e-app without an internet connection. You can't take a credit card for a payment option with disconnect mode, but it's still very convenient.

And yes, you can charge nearly any product with a credit card - including par whole life. Can't do it with annuities or single premium WL.

I like their Non med term product, esp for someone who rants ROP. Their app is log & they will interview at times, but its good & well priced!!

Hey, how does that Assurity non med term compare to UHLs Premiere 20 ROP term? Is is simple issue just like UHL's?

Hey, how does that Assurity non med term compare to UHLs Premiere 20 ROP term? Is is simple issue just like UHL's?

Sorry for all the typos... Still thinking about Lake Tahoe. Ummm, I dunno how is compares, I hate UHL, so I shelved them a yr ago. When I did compare them, they were 1 of the best price wise for a non med... Not that far off from some F/U products, if my memory serves me right.

TDF
Sent via my Verizon Samsung G4

Sorry for all the typos... Still thinking about Lake Tahoe. Ummm, I dunno how is compares, I hate UHL, so I shelved them a yr ago. When I did compare them, they were 1 of the best price wise for a non med... Not that far off from some F/U products, if my memory serves me right.

TDF
Sent via my Verizon Samsung G4

Man, a lot of people hate UHL :laugh:

I just wrote one with Assurity today for a guy that is pretty darn healthy. It took over 24 minutes. Everything was going smoothly enough until they got to the meds. He takes some very common bp meds and they really drilled him on it. Also on some seasonal allergy meds. They took him in the end but it took way too long. I just have to remind myself of the renewals when I fight my way through it.

Back