Auto insurance claim advice

Wade Marchewka

what to do when auto insurance claim, with incorrect dates, was submitted to the other party’s previous and closed account policy and not the party’s new carrier active policy? In lamens terms,” i shared my old closed policy documents to other party involved in auto accident. and they have already submitted a claim.” “ what steps need to be taken to submit correct claim information to correct and current policy holder?

Should other party involved first cancel ,previous incorrect, claim? And then resubmit new ,correct and accurate, claim to the other party’s actual current and active policy?

Please help

Which policy was in force at the time of the accident? You submit all claims and documents to the carrier that insured the vehicle at the time of the claim

i shared my old closed policy documents to other party involved in auto accident. and they have already submitted a claim.” “

The claim on the expired policy will just be denied. You should notify that adjuster about what happened.

what steps need to be taken to submit correct claim information to correct and current policy holder?

You call up your current insurer's claims department and report the accident on your current policy. Get the new claim number and adjuster's name and phone number..

Also notify the other party of the error and direct them to the correct claims department with the new claim number and adjuster's name and phone number..

Back