Autopay phenomenon. What are you guys seeing?

MIGA1626

Super Genius
Have you guys noticed that autopay hasn't been working very well across many different carriers in combination with making it impossible to reinstate any policies over really stupid rules? It seems like they are using this as a way to get around formally cancelling policies since they don't have to wait until renewal. Nationwide and Safeco have been the worst. Am I right or is the crazy kitty just getting crazier and imagining things?

Ok it is really annoying because they won't admit that's what they are doing but I know that's what they are doing.

Yes! On 08/25/2023 one well known carrier advised me a change in the payment system caused a "glitch" in the automatic payment rule. I have been told the client needs to make a manual payment and next month it will be fixed. Then here we are next month and it is still not drafting and no were not fixed and a manual payment needs to be made again. Thankfully not all policies have been affected but it is more than 5. What the .......

Yes! On 08/25/2023 one well known carrier advised me a change in the payment system caused a "glitch" in the automatic payment rule. I have been told the client needs to make a manual payment and next month it will be fixed. Then here we are next month and it is still not drafting and no were not fixed and a manual payment needs to be made again. Thankfully not all policies have been affected but it is more than 5. What the .......

Yea I have had issues on MANY policies with all the admitted market carriers are doing it. State Auto, Nationwide, Safeco specifically bad. We need to fight back on stuff like this. It is up to us as agents, stand up for your client, BE PROFESSIONAL, but pushback! If we all pushback together on bad business practices we can change the industry. Think of what Gordan Ramsey would do if he ran an insurance agency. STANDARDS PEOPLE STANDARDS!

BE PROFESSIONAL

kristen-bell-smh.gif

Tread lightly with your carriers folks. Lots of agency terminations going on country wide.

Sure I'm not saying to make anyone mad. But you need to be persistent if there is an issue. Also, you should have so many carriers that you shouldn't care if you loose one. People on this forum specifically depend on way way to few carriers. You should have admitted markets, E/S carriers, captive programs, MGAs, you need EVERYTHING! Stop trying to make them happy and build a relationship with one or two. It doesn't work and I've never seen any evidence of it working. You need to be writing with everyone and anyone.

Back