Aviva Fixed Index

SAI was just joking around.

Didn't know Aviva was having issues. Is it not safe to place funds with them? If a company goes under, is the money in your annuity still protected.

Not referencing anything specifically about Aviva, but fixed annuities are a general account asset. There are layers of protection in place to protect the consumer but in the end, insolvency could cause a loss of (some) principal.

I prefer the companies that scagnt83 referred to in addition to a few others. It really depends on what the client is looking for...

Income riders, death benefits, LTC, ROP, account growth, the list goes on.

Last edited:
What product/company would you guys recommend for a non profit that just inherited a large sum of money.

They are currently using CDs. What would be the safest, most profitable for them?

I would be glad to discuss the specifics over the phone if anybody would like to help.

Thanks!

What product/company would you guys recommend for a non profit that just inherited a large sum of money.

They are currently using CDs. What would be the safest, most profitable for them?

I would be glad to discuss the specifics over the phone if anybody would like to help.

Thanks!

They could get a Fixed 2.1% for 3 years from a traditional FA. Or 3% for 5 years.

Great American can give them yearly caps up to 5.5% & 6% on both a 6 & 7 year FIA.

So it depends on how much risk they want to take on.

The 7 year FIA from GA has a 1% min. Considering that most CDs are below this. At absolute guaranteed worst they would get what they are already getting.

They could get a Fixed 2.1% for 3 years from a traditional FA. Or 3% for 5 years.

Great American can give them yearly caps up to 5.5% & 6% on both a 6 & 7 year FIA.

So it depends on how much risk they want to take on.

The 7 year FIA from GA has a 1% min. Considering that most CDs are below this. At absolute guaranteed worst they would get what they are already getting.

Are those A rated carriers you are quoting at 3% fixed for 5 years? I wasn't able to find one.

----------

Are those A rated carriers you are quoting at 3% fixed for 5 years? I wasn't able to find one.

I'd like to have an A rated carrier to scoop up CD money.

----------

If you want a couple of good MYGA companies that are A rated, pick up Western National Life (A) and Midland (A+). You can go direct with Midland. 2.8% 5 year MYGA, on their big band (2.55% on their low).

For traditional fixed (rates that are locked for less than the surrender period), Symetra and Genworth are A rated options.

----------

Nope. For 3 and 4 year FAs I am usually ok with using a B+ company if they have a significant accumulation advantage over A rated options. (assuming the client feels the risk is worth it)

For 3 year FAs Guggenheim (B+++) offers 2% low-band & 2.1% high-band.
If you want an A rated option Midland (A+) offers 1.5% high-band, 1.3% low-band. So that might be a good option for you.

For 4 year FAs Guggenheim is at 2.35%/2.25%.
Midland is at 2.05%/1.75%.

5 year FA- Athene (B++)- 3%
Midland- 2.8%/2.5%

North American (another A+ rated company) has rates right below Midland, usually 20 bps to 30 bps lower depending on the term.

Nope. For 3 and 4 year FAs I am usually ok with using a B+ company if they have a significant accumulation advantage over A rated options. (assuming the client feels the risk is worth it)

For 3 year FAs Guggenheim (B+++) offers 2% low-band & 2.1% high-band.
If you want an A rated option Midland (A+) offers 1.5% high-band, 1.3% low-band. So that might be a good option for you.

For 4 year FAs Guggenheim is at 2.35%/2.25%.
Midland is at 2.05%/1.75%.

5 year FA- Athene (B++)- 3%
Midland- 2.8%/2.5%

North American (another A+ rated company) has rates right below Midland, usually 20 bps to 30 bps lower depending on the term.

Guggenheim at B++ is a good option as you said. You could also look at AE (A-) at 2.75% for 5 if they can't hit Midland's big band.

I think that the Athene product at that rate comes with NO liquidity. Have you found that clients are ok with that?

Guggenheim at B++ is a good option as you said. You could also look at AE (A-) at 2.75% for 5 if they can't hit Midland's big band.

I think that the Athene product at that rate comes with NO liquidity. Have you found that clients are ok with that?

I was just pulling rates real quick. I didnt realize that was their non-liquid product. No, I do not sell it.

Oxford, AE, NA, Midland, Guggenheim all have good 5 year rates at the moment from what I remember.

Back