Baby Mama Want to Take a Policy Out on her Baby Daddy.

emmjer

Expert
I was prospecting for new life insurance client today, when I had a lady to ask to me about taken out a Policy on her baby daddy. I told, he would need to take a medical exam, or at least answer some medical question. Anyway, she said she wanted a policy on him, but she don't want him to know. She told me, that she had a friend, who did the same thing. So I am asking the professional on the board is that possible. The only thing, I can see that might even be close to being possible is a small guaranteed life insurance policy. However, wouldn't the babies father still have to sign off on it, and she would need to have certain information from him.

He won't necessarily need a medical exam (lots of non-med products available), but an insured does need to know that they're being insured.

That what I had end up telling her. I didn't think it could legally be done, with out a person knowing. As stated earlier, i know there are some carrier that doesn't even ask you medical question, for small policy up to 20,000 dollar. However, as stated earlier, i though he would still need to sign for it.

If there was ever a claim they would probably look into it.

Is there any particular reason she doesn't want the babby daddy to know about the life insurance? I'm sure there is, but it might be better to figure that out and get it done the right way (and probably with better rates) than to try to skirt it.

Sometimes it's also best to just let a client go :D

I am assuming that she looking at the baby daddy life style, and see that the ending is not looking promising. However I will not put my name behind it. My name is my most valuable asset, and I refused to do anything that will degrade it

That what I had end up telling her. I didn't think it could legally be done, with out a person knowing. As stated earlier, i know there are some carrier that doesn't even ask you medical question, for small policy up to 20,000 dollar. However, as stated earlier, i though he would still need to sign for it.

Is Moon on vacation?

I was prospecting for new life insurance client today, when I had a lady to ask to me about taken out a Policy on her baby daddy. I told, he would need to take a medical exam, or at least answer some medical question. Anyway, she said she wanted a policy on him, but she don't want him to know. She told me, that she had a friend, who did the same thing. So I am asking the professional on the board is that possible. The only thing, I can see that might even be close to being possible is a small guaranteed life insurance policy. However, wouldn't the babies father still have to sign off on it, and she would need to have certain information from him.

Sounds like this could end up being an episode of "I Almost Got Away With It"

They will find someone to write it. Probably lapse before a claim. Unless they are willing to do a preneed you are spinning your wheels. They are going to want a lot for a little and you risk your license. Next!

If you aren't able to arrange a meeting with his team of trusted advisors, Life insurance may not be the most efficient way to access capital should Mr. Baby Daddy meet an untimely demise. You may recommend that mrs baby mama lighten her 401k contributions over the next 12 months and divert that flow into more liquid investments.

I understand that this wouldn't immediately be a profitable recommendation for you as the agent, it will however build trust and open future opportunities for a large buy/sell, premium finance, or even key man policy. Don't be afraid to bring her CPA in on the case either!

Last edited:
Back