BCBSAZ is OUT of the Market in Phoenix

No need, everyone exempt after looking at these numbers.
Let me give everyone some perspective.
All HMO's, all tiny networks, Cigna uses medical group buildings for their PCP:

50 yr old for cheapest bronze plan:

Aetna - $273 up to $507/mo

Phx - $225 up to 506

Cigna - 307 up to 365 (clear winner) (their medical groups will be overwhelmed)

60 yr old cheapest bronze:

Aetna = $588 now, up to $1093/mo

Phx = $433 up to $961/mo

Cigna = $550 up to $654/mo

Family of 4 - age 47 - cheapest bronze:

Aetna = $671 up to $1250/mo

Phx $554 up to $1229/mo

Cigna $756 up to $900/mo = $10,800 a year

Get a handle on the 8.13% rule, as most people may now be exempt from the penalty. Gotta brush up on STM contracting.

For example, up to 135k of income is exempt from penalty in family of four above.

Very few will be able to afford these prices, only the subsidized.

The Affordable Care Act is certainly living up to it's name.... :nah:

If only someone could have predicted this... oh wait... everyone with any significant real world experience in health insurance predicted this.

Great example of what happens when classroom academic "experts" are in charge of real world situations.

Wake up Mr Jonathan Gruber MIT "we didnt see this coming.."
Oh well..I have my MIT faculty plan with all the bells and whistles ...screw the rest of you

Last edited:
My CPA Saw this and he had the most disgusting look on his face I have ever seen and a few years ago he was ok with ACA

Gotta love the end where someone from some extreme lib interest group essentially says the increases do not matter because the tax money used to subsidize the cost is increasing too.

"Its ok, rich people are going to pay these outrageous premiums for you!" :1eek:

I think Arizona is a test bed for ACA to fix immigration ....if you can't buy insurance you have to go elsewhere perhaps
This is all unintended of course.." we didn't see this coming

Back