Becoming a Captive Agent for an Online Insurance Co.

plays2win

Expert
I recently obtained my Life & Health license for California. I have sent my resume to SelectQuote, Matrix Direct and Kaiser. I then followed up with their HR departments with a call but so far they don't seem to be interested in meeting with me. I have a college degree and 20 years of experience working with clients over the phone. The only thing I'm lacking is recent sales experience and I think this may be the problem. Any suggestions as to how I can get interviews with these companies and what I can expect to earn in compensation per year. Also, LifeQuote recently was offering Outside Agents $23 per hour of talk time and 30% of the sale with an attainable income of $114K. Is this realistic. Thank you for all of your answers.

The lifequote thing from home is not realistic. They generally give the oustside reps the bad leads, and they keep the good leads for the in-house guys. Thus, you will get a bunch of "no phone number" and "wrong address" and tire kickers.
You may want to see if there is a call center near you that is hiring. For instance, we have a Progressive call center here where I am, and Great American. Or just go all out- and sell out in the field for one of the big captives like NYL or somebody. They will train you.

Back