KTAmerilife3

Hello, I am 23 and I am looking to start a career as a Life and Health insurance agent. I have been working at a company for 1 month. They provide leads but I've made over 200 calls and set only 5 appointments. I assume this is normal for a newer agent but idk? I guess my questions are:

Are there any ways I can generate leads for free (or low cost)?
I think I am going to start a final expense campaign of 1000 for $460, any advice on a target audience/ demographic?

Do you have any good life insurance books to read?

Any good sales books?

Any good tips/advice for newer agents?

Any help would be appreciated!!

They provide leads but I've made over 200 calls and set only 5 appointments.

THAT IS EXCELLENT!!! Considering the changes in doing business where many people won't pick up if it's a number they don't recognize (thank the robo-calling scammers for that one), that's great!

If you're going to be in FE, that's generally more of a senior demographic, along with Medicare Supplements. There are others here who can advise you for that.

I'd check out Dave Duford's YouTube channel and check out his video recordings on many of the questions you've asked.

THAT IS EXCELLENT!!! Considering the changes in doing business where many people won't pick up if it's a number they don't recognize (thank the robo-calling scammers for that one), that's great!

If you're going to be in FE, that's generally more of a senior demographic, along with Medicare Supplements. There are others here who can advise you for that.

I'd check out Dave Duford's YouTube channel and check out his video recordings on many of the questions you've asked.

I will listen to this episode, and I will look into Dave Dufords youtube videos, I think I have come across his videos before. Thank you for the tips!

They provide leads but I've made over 200 calls and set only 5 appointments. I assume this is normal for a newer agent but idk?

You'll starve at the rate...

You have to get out and see the people... they don't want you to call... they don't want to see you either... but it is easier to hang up or say "no" on the phone... but I'm sure you would have been able to get into at least 25% of the homes you contacted on the phone...

5 times more selling opportunity... 5 times more classroom experience (in home training)

Back