Nicolacrayola

Expert
I will be doing seminars as well and I have a very good system for referrals I’m working on as well as looking at other alternative systems, but I’m really just looking for leads right now-Not only for myself but also for several hundred agents in an annuity teaching group I run. I have looked into a ton of different annuity lead companies and I am at a loss because the style of selling that I utilize is to go into the house on the premise of a life insurance appointment, flip the script a second I detect money, and utilize a network of notaries in my area and a mobile printer to walk out a couple of hours later with everything signed, sealed, delivered, and done. I am very good to my clients and remain very good friends with all of them and it’s not like I’m tracking them or anything but it’s actually beneficial if they’ve never even heard the word annuity before because they are much easier to sell. Leads tend to have clients that are way too educated and tend to have advisors, etc. where what I’m really looking for is someone that doesn’t even know what an annuity is and just wants to know if there’s a way to protect his 401(k). Has anybody ever heard of anything like that?

I will be doing seminars as well and I have a very good system for referrals I’m working on as well as looking at other alternative systems, but I’m really just looking for leads right now-Not only for myself but also for several hundred agents in an annuity teaching group I run. I have looked into a ton of different annuity lead companies and I am at a loss because the style of selling that I utilize is to go into the house on the premise of a life insurance appointment, flip the script a second I detect money, and utilize a network of notaries in my area and a mobile printer to walk out a couple of hours later with everything signed, sealed, delivered, and done. I am very good to my clients and remain very good friends with all of them and it’s not like I’m tracking them or anything but it’s actually beneficial if they’ve never even heard the word annuity before because they are much easier to sell. Leads tend to have clients that are way too educated and tend to have advisors, etc. where what I’m really looking for is someone that doesn’t even know what an annuity is and just wants to know if there’s a way to protect his 401(k). Has anybody ever heard of anything like that?

Nope, never heard of it. Mostly because I have literally no idea what you are talking about. You want uneducated prospects that want a life appointment, but then you switch to not talk about annuities when you find out they have money. But you & notaries sign them up for annuities even though you don't explain annuities to them & tell them somehow an Annuity protects their 401k, which it doesn't.

I will let you know if I come across anything though. God help those hundreds of agents in the annuity class you are teaching.

How does an annuity protect a 401K if the 401 is earning more than 3 or 4 percent?

How does an annuity protect a 401K if the 401 is earning more than 3 or 4 percent?

I'm sure he is referring to no negative floor. And to be honest, for the proper prospects ( I mean proper), the promise of no negative floor makes sense. That said, all eggs never belong in the same basket... and, timing the transition is a must.

If the money is in a 401k,most people cannot move any of those funds to an IRA until they separate from service. Plus, IRAs do have some downsides to leaving the money in 401k plans or rolling to new employer 401k plan such as much more creditor protection than an IRA, ability to access money at age 55 without 10% in 401k compared to age 59 1/2 in IRA. Lastly, moving to new employers 401k plan can permit loans whereas IRAs don't have loans.

I am sure these points are covered with clients & the hundreds in the annuity training class.

Don't get me wrong, there is lots of opportunities to help the age 50+ crowd to use some annuities in their planning, but this post seemed more about finding uneducated people to slam into a solution before it is determined to be the right product

Learn the power of profiling. It's a key business skill.

Describe the demographic you do your BEST work with:
- Age, Income, geography, profession, marital status, resident status, children or not, and any other characteristics.
- Other characteristics such as: must be tech-savvy enough to handle Zoom; considered nice people; considered successful, etc.

Start there.

Then, you must see the financial world through your ideal client profile's eyes.
- What are the problems that they have?
- What are the problems they don't REALIZE they have?
- What message can you convey to help them understand the problems that they have... and that YOU have the solution to solve it?

Essentially... here's my message:

If you want to learn more about profiling, learn from Wayne Cotton, CLU here:

An annuity with a Lifetime Income Rider will grow the Income Account at 6%-10% depending on the Rider, then pay an income for life that is in the range of 5%-6% of account value.

It guarantees what most retirement plans estimate. So it can be very effective for a portion of a persons retirement savings.

---

Also, a Fixed or Indexed Annuity can be a great bond alternative for qualified funds. People move bond positions to annuities that guarantee what a bond only estimates... or exceeds what the bond pays... and it allows them to be a bit more aggressive with their equity holdings.

Or, the increased return allows them to allocate less money to the annuity than they had to with bonds, and it allows for a greater amount of money to be invested in the higher earning equities.

I really want to get educated about Annuities. I largely work Medicare and I think it would be a good add-on..

Any resources anyone would suggest?

Pretend I'm completely new to the space.

I really want to get educated about Annuities. I largely work Medicare and I think it would be a good add-on..
It's a perfect add-on but very few Medicare agents do it.

If you really want to learn, Google is your best friend (outside of actual experience or a mentor).

Sites like immediateannuites.com, annuitygator, blueprint, annuityadvantage, etc. are mainly built for consumers. So, like your site(s) which are designed to educate a consumer with plain language and basic calls to action, you'll find the same on the annuity side.

Don't buy annuity books or any of that...most of them are crap. You can also look into why annuities are bad which can help give you the other side of the coin and can assist with objections.

You can always DM me if you have specific questions. Once you learn the basics, you'll start to see the fit.

Alternatively, you can attend my course on how to find clients who know nothing about annuities, aren't really intelligent, and will transfer their 401k to a carrier that an agent recommended who was originally selling them life insurance.

10k per seat.

Good luck!

Back