Best Health Insurance deal in the MarketPlace

RunnerDude

Super Genius
Does anyone know what the best (least expensive and best coverage) health insurance is in the s Market Place?

Does anyone know what the best (least expensive and best coverage) health insurance is in the s Market Place?

You have not even said whether you are buying or selling.

This:
Number of Issuers Participating in the Individual Health Insurance Marketplaces
in concert with an Healthcare.gov listing for zip 29407, would suggest you have 3 choices, Blue Cross, Blue Cross or Blue Cross.

It also shows me that KS is not the only state where BC is apparently basing their ability to remain in the ACA marketplace by restricting their coverage to a (new to me anyway) new health insurance type called an EPO.

The cheapest plan shown for zip 29407 is $333.17 per month. (Maybe half of the price I am looking at in KS by the way.) That may, or may not, be the "BEST" plan for you or your customers. I think I am starting to see at least one situation in which that would be one of the worst possible choices one could make.

While I do not fully understand this:
Latest CSR Load Status Tally: 3 No Load; 5 Broad Load; 18 Silver Load; 20 Switcharoo; 5 Mixed

It suggests to me, that in your state, one ought to take a look at off exchange plans, prior to making a 2018 health insurance purchase decision.

[ Caveats:
I am not an insurance agent.
Why does a KS consumer respond in this thread? I am having to look at a 2018 ACA plan for my wife, and the related havoc it is going to make on our family finances. Thinking about things like this offer me some help in thinking about my own problem to solve.]

Last edited:
Yes - I'm sure I've set myself up - lol- but I have a client who bought an MAPD from me- but her spouse is under 65 and needs health insurance-, so I promised her I'd try to help

Yes - I'm sure I've set myself up - lol- but I have a client who bought an MAPD from me- but her spouse is under 65 and needs health insurance-, so I promised her I'd try to help
The first action I took in the state of KS for PRECISELY that situation, was to call BCBS and ask them if they had any off exchange plans that were priced cheaper than on exchange plans. (In my case the answer was NO.)

One of the links I posted above suggests that the SC answer might be yes.

If they have off exchange plans that are different than on exchange plans, I would also be inquiring as to whether any of them are PPO plans rather than EPO plans.

Last edited:
I'd listen to a non-agent who always knows more than those of us who have studied insurance for years.

But I guess it makes him feel important. I really wish he'd start posting on a Piper aircraft forum. He knows even less about that subject so I'm sure he'll add as much value there as here.

The bottom line is have an agent help that works with IFP. I send all my non-Medicare in CA to Dave Fluker.

Rick

Runner DUDE if you don't do ACA plans let someone else who does take care of this for you. Really, are you kidding me?
Odd response to a reasonable question - I obviously don't know thre answer and don't do ACA plans - just trying to point my client in the right direction- it's called "customer service".......

Back