Best LTC carriers to contract with...

"enough underwriters to find good coverage for consumers today"
Having good coverage is " not good enough" in long term care becoz you never know when you will use it. Exactly why john hancock/ genworth/prudential went under. In LTC its " only the very best will do" or else not buying.

A sale or sale price or a deal in realestate is "what a willing buyer is willing to pay for a house and a willing seller will accept the offer".

With LTC, so many policies just simply have a base price & everything else come in form of riders or linked benefits or hybrid life policies that it just isnt that much fun selling stand alone LtC policies anymore whilst not having gurantees of premium increases.
People with less than 50k income are wiped out of buying standalone LTC now. (unless ofcourse their employer is paying for their LTC).

If someone's income is under $50K per year they probably shouldn't buy any long-term care insurance. They could probably qualify for Medicaid long-term care pretty easily.

Is there a reason why Jack you dont show the "went Under" companies on your website? the john hancock, prudential & Genworth?

I bet there is ? you know what that is dont you? hint... starts with a "w...Un.." .

Not one of these companies has gone under.

Choosing to not underwrite a new insurance policy is not equated to being bankrupt or insolvent.

State Farm does not sell long term care insurance anymore. Has State Farm gone under? Why is Aaron Rodgers on my TV right now pitching State Farm?

Whatchoo talking about Willis?

Last edited:
Okay, first, someone with less than $50K of income shouldn't be buying LTCi, period. Second, when did JH, Pru and Genworth "go under?" Guess I must have missed that completely. Squatters have apparently moved into all of their offices, because there still seem to be people answering the phones at all of those companies. But, now that I know they're gone, I'll mourn them. Better late than never.

Back