Best "Sales" Books

There is no doubt that a referred lead or a lead calling you no matter what the source is a shorter sales cycle and easier sale than a telemarketed approach.

Absolutely correct. If you don't have to chase them down and/or you have an introduction, it is better than any lead you will ever buy and any cold-call you will ever make.

That being said, I'm still amazed that cold calling works even though I do it virtually every day and get the majority of my business from this method. For starters:

2. I hate receiving them and quickly say no. Although, I believe the approach of the telemarketers themselves are to blame. Absolutely horrible amateurs that have no clue.

This is why telemarketing doesn't work for the average agent, they don't know what thier doing. You obviously do know what you are doing and are good at it. Therefore, you will be successfull and the more amateurish all of the other telemarketers are the better you will do.

I don't like telemarketing calls either because most of them sound like hack salesmen - or worse. However, I occassionally get a call from someone who is a pro and it is a whole different story.

You can hear the confidence in their voice and it grabs you. They speak to you as an equal that has something valuable to share. It makes you want to listen. In other words, they don't sound like a salesman. It's hard to describe but you know what I mean. If you can teach a person to be a good salesman, but not sound like a salesman, they will be successful cold calling. If not, they might as well never pick up the phone.

All the tech stuff, like predictive dialers, will increase the return of a good professional telesalesman. It won't do anything for a hack. Nothing helps a hack. Not even a good lead.

Rick Bronstein (Greensky) has a first edition copy he will loan you for a non-refundable deposit of $250
I can now do better than that. I had Rob sign a dozen of his ebooks when we met in Vegas. They are definitely collectors editions and beautifully bound in leather. (I'm getting excited just thinking out being bound in leather).

I can let them go for $495 each (plus tax and handling) and include a trial membership in Chump's association.

Rick

Back