Best way to thank a referral?

I give out $100 gift cards to Capital Grill once the referral business closes.
Even though my clients can easily afford a lunch or dinner at Capital Grill I find most don't go there as often as they would like and a gift card for a lousy $100.00 out of the comp on a $500k annuity is affordable and a right off for me.
I love the idea & believe you should be able to do this like any other business can.

but most states have laws against paying referral fees for sales. Most allow you to pay for all referrals, but not only the ones that turned into sales. To pay on sales, the person you give to would have to be licensed, etc

I know I responded earlier in the thread on a gift basket, etc., but that's not the ultimate way to thank a referror.

The ultimate way to thank a referror... is to ask the person who was referred to THANK the referror for connecting you. That makes the referror a HERO and reinforces that message that they did good and to keep doing it!

I love the idea & believe you should be able to do this like any other business can.

but most states have laws against paying referral fees for sales. Most allow you to pay for all referrals, but not only the ones that turned into sales. To pay on sales, the person you give to would have to be licensed, etc
I absolutely understand what you mean and I let the client know that if a gift card ended up in there mailbox I'm not saying it came from me but I'm not saying it didn't. we all laugh and they thank me.
End of story

Back