Blue Cross and Coventry in KS and MO

I would like to get hooked up with Coventry on the individual side and the best contract I can find is at 9% as earned. Blue Cross of Kansas City is the same thing.

Does anyone have any GA's in KS or MO with better commission rates? Thanks

I would like to get hooked up with Coventry on the individual side and the best contract I can find is at 9% as earned. Blue Cross of Kansas City is the same thing.

Does anyone have any GA's in KS or MO with better commission rates? Thanks

9% seems to be a bit low for Coventry on the individual side... I can obtain specifics on that product in Kansas City if you would like?

9% and it is what it is. Agreed that is pretty low for first year, but it is much better than many on renewals. I spent almost six years as a BCBSKC employee, with some of that time in marketing. There is no reason to budge on that rate for them, at least.
Since you're in KC, have you ever looked at commissionbuilder.com? It's a very handy tool if you quote much individual health.

Thanks,
Mitch

kc, I think I am appointed direct on the Coventry Individual in KC. Peter is my marketing rep. PM me if you want his email address. I have no idea what commission is, but I don't sell it. I prefer the BCBSKC stuff but I sell hardly any Individual under 65. Coventry One has issues north of the river with providers.

kc, I think I am appointed direct on the Coventry Individual in KC. Peter is my marketing rep. PM me if you want his email address. I have no idea what commission is, but I don't sell it. I prefer the BCBSKC stuff but I sell hardly any Individual under 65. Coventry One has issues north of the river with providers.

I think it is just NKC hospital and some associated doctors north of the river... elsewhere Coventry covers the Metro area like cow patties in the barnyard. Very close second to BX, so I don't think this would be a big issue. (Coventry's PPO network shares with all their plans: IFP, Group, & Medicare)

Outside Johnson and Wyandotte counties in KS, BX is run by BCBSKS out of Wichita. Coventry beats them hands down in KS with group. If you are appointed with CoventryOne, you also are appointed with Coventry Group.... I'm not sure about MO, but I think it is similar. BCBSKC only covers 32 western counties in MO, with Anthem out of St Louis getting the Eastern remainder.

I think it is just NKC hospital and some associated doctors north of the river... elsewhere Coventry covers the Metro area like cow patties in the barnyard.

That is where my market is at, so it is an issue for me if I sold much under 65 insurance. I do not, so...

Lot of clinics north of the river have 'We do not accept Coventry' signs in the waiting rooms. I know it is good south of the river, though I used to hear grumbling over in Johnson County, KS a year or two ago. I assume they smoothed out the relationships since then.

Thanks for the info guys, it will help if I am selling against Coventry up there. Do you know how Coventry's network is on the Kansas side?

Back