Bright Health commission isn't paid in December 2022?

I severely doubt they will pay us. I call them every few days and it's the same "we don't have that information".

Also, I've had a few clients where since November, Bright have stopped paying their claims. What a farce of a company. Surely we can seek some form of Legal Advice?

I called several times. Finally was told the commissions were under review by department of insurance. I contacted them and they said they don’t review commissions and that if agents have these issues, then commissions payments are handled directly by the company. They did confirm that they were considered “in good standing”. Called BH back and got a different broker support who said it was CMS…opened a ticket and got a response saying the same thing that DOI stated. However, I added in that email that clients were reporting that BH was no longer paying claims and denying them, for reasons like “aged claim” etc and they said that each client would have to file individual reports. When I called BH today to report this response, they basically said they had no idea when and if we were going to get paid. I was told by someone else who used to work for BH but recently got laid off that they are in the process of filing bankruptcy. Who knows at this point. Being that a majority of my book of ACA in NC last year was BH, that monthly commission check paid my bills and then some. It really sucks that they are crapping agents out of thousands a month in commissions, especially when the government is the ones who paid the premiums. So my guess is we will never see NOV and December commission checks and what’s worse is that I checked my portal today and they loaded up the commission statement for December. SMH…if they are not gonna pay…why they dangling the hope of those checks in the form of a commission statement. It’s like a slap in the face. This is what we owe you but this is also what your not gonna get.

If most of the ACA zero premiums have already been paid to them and are sitting in their accounts, CMS and the Treasury will have a lot to say about it. Agencies with 50% or greater Bright Health business are scrambling right now. In South Florida, many agencies switched clients for better network access and clinic rollouts.

I am in the exact same boat. It seems pretty clear that they have no intention to pay the commission to us, as Agents. It is just sickening.

However, I cannot imagine that CMS, DOI, and other entities would not support Agents in some way to get this rectified. It just seems like they not only would be defrauding us, but also the Federal Government. That just does not seem like something that would not get enough attention...

Good morning, Bright Healthcare paid out commissions this morning for me!
I am located in Cleveland, Tx. Just for refrence.

Back