Brokers Must Provide Privacy Notice Statement

AgentStone

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
The Gov't is requiring us to provide consumers with a Privacy Notice Statement (paper and on our websites?). I was in a webinar on 11/17 and an agent asked for a sample doc or form. They were referred to Appendix A. I am NOT an attorney and NOT sure what "specific" language I am to use to answer this (to Cover My A$$).

Has anyone crafted an approved statement regarding this?

Prior to collecting PII, agents and brokers must provide a Privacy Notice Statement that is prominently and conspicuously displayed on a public-facing website, if applicable, or on the electronic and/or paper form the agent or broker uses to gather and/or request the PII.
The statement must contain at a minimum the following information:
• Legal authority to collect PII
• Purpose of the information collection
• To whom PII might be disclosed, and for what purposes
• Authorized uses and disclosures of any collected information
• Whether the request to collect PII is voluntary or mandatory under the applicable law
• Effects of non-disclosure if an individual chooses not to provide the requested information
The statement must be written in plain language and provided in a manner that is accessible and timely to people living with disabilities and with limited English proficiency.
The “Agreement Between Agent or Broker and CMS for the Federally-facilitated Exchange Individual Market” and the “Agreement Between Agents and Brokers and the CMS for the Federally-facilitated Exchange SHOP” Appendix A Standard 2a contains more information on the requirements for a Privacy Notice Statement.

Back