Brooke Agency Franchise

the problem with brooke is that they don't deal with the main carriers (i.e.Travelers, Hartford,Safeco,Zurich,etc....) They have special contracts with other companies that are not as big as the ones i mentioned. Don't forget, every company has their own target market, so you should find out what you will be limited too

the problem with brooke is that they don't deal with the main carriers (i.e.Travelers, Hartford,Safeco,Zurich,etc....) They have special contracts with other companies that are not as big as the ones i mentioned. Don't forget, every company has their own target market, so you should find out what you will be limited too

Hey Mike, I love your website. Very professional! Do you know what type of special contracts they have or any other problems with their approach to business? I'm considering purchasing a book of business from them and welcome the input. Thanks.

You could look into the following website for options other than buying a Brooke franchise...

Agencies4sale.com

From what I know though, Brooke is a pretty good company to work with.

Alot of Allstate agencies for sale. Brooke may be fine if you buy a book of business but would not start from scratch with them. The costs are too high. Surprisingly, not alot of independent agencies in that list. arizona auto insurance

I met a lady a few weeks ago who owns a Brooke agency in Prescott. Give me a call if you want an intro.

Don't walk RUN from anything to do with Brooke - they've changed the name of Brooke Credit to Aleritas Credit - same crooked people!

Brooke Franchise does not do what they promise to do. They also own the entity (American Heritage) that performs the due diligence on the agencies that they sell.

If anyone want to hear of my experiences, feel free to call me at (225) 268-8171. Visit The Unofficial Brooke Forum and you will be enlightened! I have personally spoken to over 235 agents that have been wronged by this company. I talk to buyers, sellers, current and exfranchisees, current and ex-employees....it's not good.....the stock is falling like a lead rock. Check out yahoo finance. the trading symbol is bxxx - look to the left of the page under news and info....click on message board.

Rhonda Lobell

Thanks for the post Crazy Ins, I only have 3 things to say.

160,ooo franchise fee to join....yes they will finance.

No contingency commissions, this is the icing for most successful agencies.

Talk to any former owner and you'll quickly discover the meaning of why they are 'former' owners.

Sad but true...

Of course the flip here is eventually they will have burnt everyone and will go out of business, leaving a handful of agencies around to perhaps swoop down and clean up whatever might be left by then.

Buying a book of business is usually a good consideration - just not so sure I'd do it with Brooke. They seem awfully costly to do business with.

I'm an Allstate agent, and at my training there was a guy that tried out the Brooke thing. He didn't have anything good to say about them. He said they were expensive and not very helpful. If you are looking to buy an agency and you are new to the industry, I think Allstate is the only company that lets you buy an existing agency. After you put in 3 years (thats how long it takes to become a broker in UT) than you can look at buying an independent agency.

I love that anytime I have questions or problems I can pick up the phone and call Allstate. They aren't perfect by any means but they are taking care of me and I don't regret my decision at all. I would definitely recommend looking into Allstate as an option.

Good Luck

I'm an Allstate agent, and at my training there was a guy that tried out the Brooke thing. He didn't have anything good to say about them. He said they were expensive and not very helpful. If you are looking to buy an agency and you are new to the industry, I think Allstate is the only company that lets you buy an existing agency. After you put in 3 years (thats how long it takes to become a broker in UT) than you can look at buying an independent agency.

I love that anytime I have questions or problems I can pick up the phone and call Allstate. They aren't perfect by any means but they are taking care of me and I don't regret my decision at all. I would definitely recommend looking into Allstate as an option. Good Luck

Are your purchasing an agency and if so how much did you have to pay?

Back