Business Plan

scared

can somebody tell me if there is anyone who can help me figure out realistically how to rewrite an insurance business plan or if there is a resource to tell you that you are failing so badly that you need to look for another line of work.

I have been an independent agent 3 yrs and my production is poor, strategy is non existent, and I would like to determine if it is viable in this community to make this scratch agency show a profit, I just don't know how to put together a realistic scenario

p&c commercial

I also sell commercial P&C.

1. How many hours do you actually work per day? Not how many you dress like an agent, but actually talk to people.

2. How do you prospect? Do your fear prospecting, or cold-calling?

3. Are your representing competitive carriers?

4. Do you doing continuing education, like CIC, etc?

5. How do you dress? Are you dressed for success? I learned a long time ago that people that you are selling to, could care less how YOU feel, they are interested in how you make THEM feel. DRESS FOR SUCCESS!!!!! AND :)

Here's what I do, maybe it can be helpful:

1. My #1 goal is to call on a minimum of 100 business per week(you can do this in 2 days, if you don't have appointments). If I am working on a big app., not always possible.

2. When I visit a business, I input all of the info about them, and our coversation,into my laptop, and my CRM, before I leave their lot( I don't have to remember their renewal date, because my computer does, and I will contact them 60 days before). I keep my laptop in my passenger seat. I do this because I can't remember squat, and this keeps me from forgetting inportant info.

3. I call the next day to speak with the "decision maker".

4. I am also a member of BNI, Kiwanis, Home builders association, the First Aid Crew, and active in my church. You have got to make yourself available to people, and you will eat very well indeed.

My goal is to visit 100, get 20 renewal dates, and sell 3 businesses.

VERY IMPORTANT: WORK 8 HOURS A DAY, OR 40 HOURS A WEEK. Heck, work 4 ten hour days, but work 40. This means talking to people all day..

Last edited:
Back