BUSTED: Last Minute PFFS Hustle...

I received a call from a client yesterday (and it WAS NOT the first) about a pushy agent who basically got in the door (don't you love the loyalty.... NOT) and the agent lied his but off to the client about Coventry's PFFS Plan.

The client sensed wrong and called me to confirm. He was pushy, flat out lied about copays (ALL ZERO, ALL DOCS ACCEPT) and the worst is if he had written the deal, he would have knocked her out of her PDP b/c the plan I put her in was comingled in one.

I have warned ALL OF MY CLIENTS about the notorious calls they would get and some I have talked to (after the AEP) have told me agents have called and they have not let those agents in 'the door,' while others I guess feel 'hey they're may be a better deal out there for me' (don't you love the loyalty... and my loyalty of having every brand in my car so I can do what's right). - then the agent starts to put his or her foot in his or her mouth and tells these clients lies. I warned them and foreshadowed what I knew what some agents would say.... Most have listened to me regarding the lies other agents would say - those whom both have and have not let in the door b/c I also told them what to watch for 'on the phone.'

I have this agent's contact info. and I'd like to report this SOB. I'm tired of this shat! One reason why we are now on 'suspension' is because of agents like this; and further, why we have to work that much harder to prospect, service, and remain compliant in our industry. I'm done! THIS ONE'S GOING DOWN.... (i've let others go but not now.. oh no, I'm done).

So how do I and or the client report this person?

Anybody know? Do we call Medicare, the DOI, or both? I'm thinking about calling him but opted not to; I'd rather him awake to a grievance; I feel that will be far more efficacious.

I ran across this with Coventry as well, where the agent put the member into a MA only plan and caused her to lose her Part D benefits. What I don't understand is why he didn't sell her a PDP too. I think maybe he heard she had Humana and just assumed it was the PDP, and not a MAPD.

Back