California tries for a different path than Florida on insurance - Politico

Not currently in the industry so i very well may be talking out of my butt. This just seems to be the way the country has been going over the last decade or so.
But if I were a betting person I imagine that this will, within a few years, end in a Federal expansion of disater relief funding laws that will almost totally indemnify Insurance companies that agree to write policies in these areas. Basically spreading out the risk of coastal/disaster prone areas to the entire country under the auspicious of climate change. It will be bipartisan and attached to a completely unrelated bill so as to fly under the radar so it doesn't upset the middle of the country.
It will be funded by a rise in some federal tax, probably fuel, and that will be that.
The higher prices that people are paying now will be locked in as profit for the insurance companies and everyone, except the consumer, will be happy.

Not currently in the industry so i very well may be talking out of my butt. This just seems to be the way the country has been going over the last decade or so.
But if I were a betting person I imagine that this will, within a few years, end in a Federal expansion of disater relief funding laws that will almost totally indemnify Insurance companies that agree to write policies in these areas. Basically spreading out the risk of coastal/disaster prone areas to the entire country under the auspicious of climate change. It will be bipartisan and attached to a completely unrelated bill so as to fly under the radar so it doesn't upset the middle of the country.
It will be funded by a rise in some federal tax, probably fuel, and that will be that.
The higher prices that people are paying now will be locked in as profit for the insurance companies and everyone, except the consumer, will be happy.

I dunno. You might be right.

Back