Can anyone Explain All of Allstate's Different Writing Companies to Me?

indienoise

Guru
100+ Post Club
I see dec pages and ID cards with so many different writing companies for Allstate, I'm just curious what to make of them. I know Northbrook is nonstandard, and Allstate P&C is their newest company for standard business, but I've seen auto cards with Allstate Indemnity, Allstate Ins. Co, Allstate F&C, is there some additional tiering represented among these companies, or have they just changed their product that many times over the past few years?

Just changed that much. They're always changing things which is why those agents are constantly getting jerked around. Allstate is a rotten, despicable, deplorable organization

When the public "catches on" to the fact that one of their companies are
noncompetitive, or they have a policy that gives too much coverage, they
will usually start a new company or at least policy form.

For example, they were covering a lot of roofs, which they did not like,
so they started a new one which drastically cut coverage on roofs.

allstate is a very interesting company. according to the AAJ number 1 on the top ten list of the worst companies in America.
they also spend the most on advertising of any captive company and claim the lowest rates.
they also claim to offer a safe driver reward check, but they don't tell you that you have to pay extra for it, fact is they just hold your money and give some back if your a good boy!
classic smoke and mirrors.
I LOVE writing their customers. I would HATE to be my competition!
the good news is there are plenty of agents with a fresh supply of pissed off consumers looking to switch.
the sad part is the allstate agents trying to make a living at it.

For example, they were covering a lot of roofs, which they did not like,
so they started a new one which drastically cut coverage on roofs.

I came across a few policies that had the roof written on an ACV basis because it was more than 10 years old. Alot of customers had just assumed that they were written @ RC, but failed to realize that the roof itself was not.

They were getting away with lower premium dollars because of this, but it was an easy sell for me, since I took the time to review their policy for them.

Back