Can anyone Help Me with This?!

All the questions related to employer coverage was answered correctly. Maybe...

how do you answer these questions when a person got laid off from job and the employer plan ends on end of month.

"Are you currently eligible for health coverage through a job (even if it's through COBRA or from another person's job, like a spouse)? The plan ends on 8/31/15 and eligible for cobra, so we answered yes.

"Will you be eligible for health coverage from a job during 2015 (even if it's through COBRA or from another person's job, like a spouse)?" answered Yes and put 9/1/15 as effective date(cobra)If she decide to sign up for cobra.

"Are you currently enrolled in employer's health coverage?" answered yes. it ends on 8/31/15.

"Are you a current or former employee of this employer? yes

"What is your current work status at Employer?" Answered no longer working at this employer

"Is the coverage from employer COBRA coverage?" answered Yes

"Are you expect COBRA benefits to expire during 2015, or do you expect to drop employer's health coverage in 2015? yes and put 8/31/2015

I would appreciate if anyone could help me.

From my past experience when you answered yes to employer coverage being available that use to generate an automatic decline in subsidy.
The last one I tried to enroll I could not get past that screen. We were trying to do the application the month before her term date on her group plan. The system seemed to want to wait until she actually had no benefits so we would have to apply after she lost benefits. We ended up going off exchange due to this.

Interpretations can be different for everyone on these questions. At 12:01am on Sept 1st, these are true:

There is no group plan available.
There is no cobra in place, because it was never activated.
There is a loss of coverage in the next 60 days, eligible for SEP an APTC.

I answer the questions the way yagents has indicated here, when in the situation described, and it generates a SEP with subsidy, with the correct coverage eligibility date. There is a slight disconnect between what you might think is being asked, and what you need to do to get the system to give the necessary correct response. I first learned this from an experienced HC.gov rep. It may or may not be a work around, but they told me do it.

You may need to use a different email address and start over. You have already answered yes. The system may not allow you to use that same file and turn around and answer no.

I answer the questions the way yagents has indicated here, when in the situation described, and it generates a SEP with subsidy, with the correct coverage eligibility date. There is a slight disconnect between what you might think is being asked, and what you need to do to get the system to give the necessary correct response. I first learned this from an experienced HC.gov rep. It may or may not be a work around, but they told me do it.

We had to delete the app and start over again. We answered "No" to the question. We got the correct response this time. Thank you for your input.

We had to delete the app and start over again. We answered "No" to the question. We got the correct response this time. Thank you for your input.

Glad things worked out, it is a strange system at Healthcare.gov

Don't forget the 'Agent Advice' fund, it requires a contribution of 25 cents per month for each active agent on the forum. With about 100 active agents, you will only be in the red a few bucks a month, enjoy!:err:;):yes::yes:

Back