Can anyone lead me to a classy, customizable folio for insurance policies?

Nothing wrong with that. Certainly takes highly specialized knowledge and patience to work those cases. It's not for me, but it can certainly be lucrative.

Here's a NAIFA Las Vegas presentation (from March 2012, so adjust for new laws as needed) on some high-end business, estate, and retirement planning for business owners - leveraging the 401(k) to fund succession planning, etc.

Never said there was anything wrong with elephant hunting. Just not for everyone. Selling 1 or 2 cases per year requires a unique personality.

I was offered a position like that many years ago. Potentially quite lucrative but also a lot of time on your hands waiting . . . . and waiting . . . and waiting.

Decided to pass. Referred a friend who was looking for a new situation. He got the job with my help. It was perfect for him.

He never liked to exert himself.

Also know an agent that holds 2 - 3 seminars per year. Financial planning. To be invited you need a net worth of at least $10M with $1M liquid.

Well, that was the criteria about a dozen years ago. Could be higher now.

Aimed for 30 attendees per seminar with the idea of picking up 2 - 4 new clients.

Definitely a different market.

Reactions: DHK
Nothing wrong with that. Certainly takes highly specialized knowledge and patience to work those cases. It's not for me, but it can certainly be lucrative.

Here's a NAIFA Las Vegas presentation (from March 2012, so adjust for new laws as needed) on some high-end business, estate, and retirement planning for business owners - leveraging the 401(k) to fund succession planning, etc.

Thank you. Will watch when I have a moment...

He never liked to exert himself.
While I work on fewer cases, I definitely "exert myself" as I'm usually in the office before 5AM. It's a different kind of exertion or hard work.

As Coach Wooden said: "Don't mistake activity for achievement"

Much of my time is spent learning concepts, ideas and strategies and "adding value" to clients in different ways (that I don't get paid on) that ultimate build my relationship and trust level.

On the one hand, this approach is challenging because the payoffs are less frequent and the sales process is long. But, on the other hand, there is less competition as very few advisors target this market in a professional and ethical manner.

The other thing I have noticed is that sophisticated clients are confident enough to give quality referrals and are often happy to act as references and testimonials.

By the way, how did it work out for your friend?

He has a great quote in here which reflects what you said. "My unique ability is knowing what I don't want to know and building on what I am best at."

Never said there was anything wrong with elephant hunting. Just not for everyone. Selling 1 or 2 cases per year requires a unique personality.

Not to mention that it's a high-risk way to build a business. One chargeback, and if you can't cover it, you can be 'vectored'.

Not to mention that it's a high-risk way to build a business. One chargeback, and if you can't cover it, you can be 'vectored'.

You are correct about that.

But, on the flip side the recurring revenue off renewals with proper servicing and annual reviews can become enough to cover most/all overhead at some point.

I could not have started this way 20 years ago, but am now in a unique position of having enough experience/expertise combined with access to wealthy prospects.

Is Boxes by Pandora a victim of the pandemic? I emailed a request for an engraved name plate. No response and no name plate after 2 weeks. I called today and the number I have is no longer in service. The website appears to be disabled as well.

Too bad! I really liked them.

I know some places have really slowed down, but they didn't take down their website or phone number. Took 6 weeks to get a custom designation frame. Normally it would've been 2-4 weeks. Even then, I didn't get the custom glass I wanted, but they'll send that later.

DHK,

Are you saying that you purchased something from Boxes by Pandora, or are you referring to a different vendor experience?

Back