Can I Get Paid On Out-Of-State Policies with Just a Non-Resident Producer License?

I live in Illinois and obviously have a resident license for here. I just wrote a client who lives here who mentioned she has a son that lives in Florida. I also have family that lives there, so I figured "what the hell" and got the license. The carrier is Aetna, and I know they're nationwide. I got approved for the non-resident producer license in Florida, as of today. From what I can see, Florida uses the Federal healthcare exchange just like most other states and there's no additional requirements from Aetna or Florida that I can see. Will I get paid for her son's policy? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
You should be paid.
You can verify license and aetna appointment active on FL DOI website.
You can verify FL license active in Aetna broker portal
You can see if son is in book of biz, shows up in a day or two.
You can then verify when commish statement hits in couple months.

Off the top of my head I can't remember if Aetna is one of these carriers or not but you usually need to add states to your appointment to get paid. Even if you are appointed with a national carrier, you aren't automatically appointed in every state you're licensed in. Some carriers have "just in time" appointments but it varies by carrier and state. I would call your rep, broker services or your FMO to find out

Back