Can I sell insurance with bad credit??

I couldn't help but comment on this post....

1. Inquiries fall off after 2 yrs, but only affect your score (smallest portion) for up to 6 months.

2. Adding tradelines is an extinct practice. The Bureaus began adjusting their algorithms in September 07' first with TU and the others are following suit come June of this year.

3. It is correct that keeping your TOTAL credit balances below 30% of your TOTAL availalbe credit is a great help. Opening up more credit cards is not going to boost your score or counter the amount of credit debt you have. Account history is a big part of that, so opening up more credit + adding the inquiries is a big sign of financial hardship and will lower your score.

Lastly, JE if you are still subscribed to this, your situation is very similar to our average client. In just the first 45 days of service, our clients average over 46% fix/deletions, we have removed every type of negative item. If this is something you are in need of contact me for all the info.

Everybody else, as you know, credit scores are a factor in almost everything these days. Give your clients the option of cleaning up their credit and earn $50 for every client that enrolls! We'll give you your own lead capture page, and back office login to track your clients and commission. Contact me for all the information. Thank you,

i seem to have had a hard time getting hired due to the fact that i have some credit issues.....ive had great interviews with principal, nyl and aig but all of them said i have to get my credit fixed...will anyone hire me or is it a lost cost...thanx for any input

Try going to work for a captive agency that's appointed with many companies. The agency usually signs a guarantee with the companies they are appointed with for chargebacks. Normally you get that one appointment and you shouldn't have a problem if you send an explanation of what happened to your credit with the appointment paperwork.

What matters to most IMO is do you own another life company money or are you on vector. Also some IMO would still hire you on an as-earn only contract.

I am in the same situation and dont know what to do. I just want to be an independent agent and dont know if anyone will approve me with my BK. I dont need the advances either, but am looking for a 100% commission on life policies.

I am in the same situation and dont know what to do. I just want to be an independent agent and dont know if anyone will approve me with my BK. I dont need the advances either, but am looking for a 100% commission on life policies.

My credit is not real good right now either. I applied to Farmers insurance and a few other big players. As I suspected I was rejected and Farmers even sent me my credit report so I could see what It looked like.

I have not had any problems going direct. You may also look into signing on with an outfit like Health Choice One or another similar outfit. That way you can get a variety of products. Ive been told that HCO offers AIG and Fidelity life contracts. I know from reading this forum there are a few other members that could hook you up also.

The entire "credit" industry is a complete scam IMHO. To think that you wouldn't be able to sell insurance (specifically health, life, disability, ad&d, P&C) because of poor credit is just stupefying. I can see where an annuity company would be concerned about twisting a prospect's arm to get a commission, but c'mon, the insurances??? What am I missing here?

Does anyone happen to know if sub-producers that are hired by regular producers who are independent agents are also checked? I know the producer applications that I have found online ask for credit information, but one in particular just asked for sub-producers' names and license numbers. I have a lead on a producer who will take me as a sub-producer and wanted to know in advance if this would be an issue.

Thanks,

Does anyone happen to know if sub-producers that are hired by regular producers who are independent agents are also checked? I know the producer applications that I have found online ask for credit information, but one in particular just asked for sub-producers' names and license numbers. I have a lead on a producer who will take me as a sub-producer and wanted to know in advance if this would be an issue.

Thanks,

Dang right they check those sub-producers credit... I think they even check-em for fleas and ticks too...

Seriously, the criteria is about the same... reason being, they don't want to have a situation where comm's have been paid, have a charge back, then try to get the proverbial blood from the turnip... so usually NO advances when credit is poor.

Could some please help me. i really dont want to waste my time. I dont have my insurance license yet -- but have an interview with farmers next week. The ad posted for hiring didnt say anything about needing good credit. Does anyone know if this is a requirement. I dont really care about getting advances -- they mentioned it is 100% commission anyway. Anyway, does anyone know for sure? I would think he would let me know upfront so we wouldnt even waste a time going thru an interview.

"I would think he would let me know upfront so we wouldnt even waste a time going thru an interview."

Believe it or not, not necessarily.

He/she may have a "hire plan" that they have to meet. They may be getting pressure. They can mark down "had an interview" on whatever report they have to provide to their boss...

Back