Can I Sell More Than Just Insurance on Phone Calls?

raphoenix

Expert
Newbie here.
Can anyone tell me if it is feasible to sell more than just life insurance on a cold-calling basis? If the client does not want like insurance, can I recommend other service for them such as debt settlement, credit repair, etc.?

Thanks.

Newbie here. Can anyone tell me if it is feasible to sell more than just life insurance on a cold-calling basis? If the client does not want like insurance, can I recommend other service for them such as debt settlement, credit repair, etc.? Thanks.

You need to figure out what you can sell and become an expert on the one thing. Do you have any experience or anyone to train you?

Your plan of going into other areas could backfire on you big time! Especially a product like life insurance, where the prospect expects you to be a trusted expert in your field. Adding more areas could give you that jack of all trades, master of none impression on people, and hurt your credibility somewhat.

as they say on Shark Tank, don't drown in opportunity.

Life insurance, cold calling and feasible don't belong in the same sentence.

Thanks for the replies.

I was looking to supplement with cold calls, knowing that an in-person appointment would be necessary after the call. I had the impression that agents around here seemed to think cold calling for life was possible.

Regarding the other services, I had a feeling "be an expert" is the usual advice.
I was just thinking of having a response to the objection:
"I don't have any money for that" and would leave the bulk of the sale to that business.

Any other thoughts / ideas appreciated.

Back