Can I take residence license test in another state

If he is currently a GA resident he could sit for pass the GA license and get a nonresidential license for TX and most likely convert it to a resident license when he moves back.

1) Doesn't seem as if he wants a Ga. license at all. (So why prepare for it)

2) Once in Tx....I'm not sure Tx. (or any state) would just allow you to 'convert' your license to a resident license w/o taking THEIR state test and meeting the exact same standards and requirements as all other 'resident' licensees

( Ex: I'm exempt the C/E requirements of the states I have non res in but I'm sure if I went to become a resident license holder that changes and
It would also seem they'd want all resident license holders to at least have passed their state test just like when you move from state to state for a DL

They make you at least do the written state test...I've been licensed to drive in 5 states plus D.C. and they all made me at least take the written (nobody has made me prove I can drive since 16...funny huh?)
but most states will allow you to drive on your out of state license but before they will give you 'theirs' you must TEST no conversion )

*Again, I think the OP only wants to prepare for Tx. w/o the extra work and expense of getting resident licensed in Ga.

Last edited:
Back