New Test Taker

EdMueller

Hi there, I have been studying for the last month or so to get my Life insurance license in NC, and gearing up to take it this Sunday. I am new to the insurance world, but have experience with financial exams like the SIE. Does anyone have any idea how difficult the exam in North Carolina is? Consistently scoring 93-95 on my practice exams, but still nervous. Any help would be great, thanks.

You're fine. I tell people who are studying that you're ready when you're consistently scoring 85%+.

The exam is all about terminology, definitions, and knowing what to do if the word 'except' shows up.

Worst case scenario... you take it again.

In California, we're allowed to fail it 10 times before a mandatory 12 month wait. It's ridiculous, but those are the regs here.

You'll do just fine. Hopefully you laugh through it just as I laughed through my Series 7 exam because you over-prepared so well. (I scored an 80% on that one 16 years ago.)

You're fine. I tell people who are studying that you're ready when you're consistently scoring 85%+.

The exam is all about terminology, definitions, and knowing what to do if the word 'except' shows up.

Worst case scenario... you take it again.

In California, we're allowed to fail it 10 times before a mandatory 12 month wait. It's ridiculous, but those are the regs here.

You'll do just fine. Hopefully you laugh through it just as I laughed through my Series 7 exam because you over-prepared so well. (I scored an 80% on that one 16 years ago.)

For what it's worth, when I was studying for my life test, I kept taking practice tests. Each practice test, I kept barely passing or barely failing. This went on for months. I finally figured it would be easier to just take the damn test, then take it once or twice more if I had to, to pass, instead of spending the rest of my life studying. I took the test, and got something like an 83% on the first go. Go figure.

More importantly, DHK, what happened to that little blonde girl that was selling life insurance? Where did she go?

Back