Can Marketplace Health Insurance Terminate for Not Sending In Documents?

The regime strikes again, they took away entire tax credit for client. No communication from the gov't, new determination after income was sent in generated 2 weeks ago. Just got bill from Aetna for full premium.

I'm telling you, idiots are looking at complicated tax forms and trying to arrive at the same number that we've already analyzed. No win situation.

client can afford the $150/mo increase, and will just leave it alone, and wait for refund in a year. But, most won't have this luxury.

I'm scared to dig into this further and find out how many other clients will get screwed, especially those on bank draft. We won't hear from those clients for another week or two.

HEADS UP !!

The regime strikes again, they took away entire tax credit for client. No communication from the gov't, new determination after income was sent in generated 2 weeks ago. Just got bill from Aetna for full premium. I'm telling you, idiots are looking at complicated tax forms and trying to arrive at the same number that we've already analyzed. No win situation. client can afford the $150/mo increase, and will just leave it alone, and wait for refund in a year. But, most won't have this luxury. I'm scared to dig into this further and find out how many other clients will get screwed, especially those on bank draft. We won't hear from those clients for another week or two. HEADS UP !!

Just another reason to avoid on-exchange business.

For some reason I can't access the Marketplace today to upload documents through the Sherpa link-I click the login and it just resets back to the same page. It worked earlier this week-Is anyone else having the same problem?
------------------------------
Never mind, password had expired, was able to access after updating thru the CMS portal

Last edited:
For some reason I can't access the Marketplace today to upload documents through the Sherpa link-I click the login and it just resets back to the same page. It worked earlier this week-Is anyone else having the same problem? ------------------------------ Never mind, password had expired, was able to access after updating thru the CMS portal

Yeah, sure would be nice if hc.gov would let you know the password expired when you try to login.

I posted about this happening to a client in another thread. Just ridiculous, even they website says estimate your income and the application is the subsidy granted by that information. They change the rules at their whim. No way is this a sustainable business plan.

The regime strikes again, they took away entire tax credit for client. No communication from the gov't, new determination after income was sent in generated 2 weeks ago. Just got bill from Aetna for full premium.

I'm telling you, idiots are looking at complicated tax forms and trying to arrive at the same number that we've already analyzed. No win situation.

client can afford the $150/mo increase, and will just leave it alone, and wait for refund in a year. But, most won't have this luxury.

I'm scared to dig into this further and find out how many other clients will get screwed, especially those on bank draft. We won't hear from those clients for another week or two.

HEADS UP !!

There are rotten apples in the barrel and a bunch of marketplace kooks: :goofy::goofy:

The regime strikes again, they took away entire tax credit for client.

HEADS UP !!

That's the best advice for clients. If they can pay the premium, just stay on-exchange and get the ATPC at 2016 tax time. Hopefully the Supreme Court won't nullify FFM subsidies retroactive to 1/1/2014.

Here's another absurd scenario: A young man gets married; goes on his wife's health insurance at work. He terminates his health insurance on the marketplace as well as the marketplace. As you know, it takes the marketplace several months to actually terminate the file. They continue to pay the insurance companies subsidies for several more months. I'm assuming this is where the 90-day grace comes in.

I called the marketplace with the young man and was told 'it is not that easy to terminate'. So if you want to terminate for viable reasons you cannot; yet the marketplace can terminate at the snap of fingers if they say so.

The young man gets a letter on insurance company's letterhead threatening to turn over the 'past due' premium to a collection agency. The insurance company states that the threatening collection letter is marketplace generated.

The fun never ends.

That's the best advice for clients. If they can pay the premium, just stay on-exchange and get the ATPC at 2016 tax time. Hopefully the Supreme Court won't nullify FFM subsidies retroactive to 1/1/2014.

That wouldn't be legal. It was "The Law" until they rule otherwise. What you're describing is called "Ex post de facto" and that is against the law in this country.

Latest posts

Back