Can we trust a pharmacist to find the right D plan for their customer

PhxSunsFan

Guru
When I write a med supp.. I have zero interest.. less than zero, in assisting with the part d.. I do have many adv clients so I always certify.. ahip etc. but no D's

An agent friend sends all his med supp clients to their pharmacist for D plan selection and doesn't look back.
thoughts on this plan and doing best for your client..
pharmacist is fine in this case?

Sending clients to their pharmacist to pick a drug plan is like telling them to go direct to the carrier or Medicare dot gov.

If you are too damn lazy to do your job perhaps this is not a good market for you.

(Caveat, not an agent.)

During AEP that could be the equivalent of sending them to another agent. During this last AEP, on at least some mornings each week, there was a UHC agent lady sitting about 4-5 yards from the prescription dropoff window at my pharmacy. She sounded very cordial and helpful when I heard her interacting with prospects.

(two years ago it was a Humana agent, he was about 20 yards from the window, but on a direct path from the front entrance to it.)

I would also say, "That is NOT the agent I would want my wife to have when she goes on Medicare".

An agent friend sends all his med supp clients to their pharmacist for D plan selection and doesn't look back.
thoughts on this plan and doing best for your client..
pharmacist is fine in this case?

While it may be more expedient in the short term, I would agree with some of the previous posts that say that approach will lead to lost clients. Either from agents in the pharmacy, or from the client seeking information from a source other than you.

Part D for the MedSupp agent in not a revenue generator, but it is a retention and referral engine.

thanks for the replies.. med supps telesales is often a 2 call transaction.
this is what I will do:
after getting the supplement plan locked down, I will ask the insured to go to her pharmacy and get a list of all her meds.. while she is there.. " ask the pharmacist to show you the best part d plan for the meds you take. and have him print that out.. call me when you have the list of your meds and his plan suggestion..
I will make sure you get the correct plan D.

good enough???

Recurring theme: how do i produce the most, in least amount of time, and do as little as possible to service the client. Churn and burn baby.

Back