Can we trust a pharmacist to find the right D plan for their customer

When I write a med supp.. I have zero interest.. less than zero, in assisting with the part d.. I do have many adv clients so I always certify.. ahip etc. but no D's

An agent friend sends all his med supp clients to their pharmacist for D plan selection and doesn't look back.
thoughts on this plan and doing best for your client..
pharmacist is fine in this case?

Ever been in a pharmacy? What makes you think they have time to run a thorough comparison for every Medicare covered customer?

Most of us take pride in doing the right thing for our clients. Running Part D comparisons isn’t fun, but it adds value and clients appreciate you making sure they are saving the most money on their prescriptions.

Eventually you will no longer need to keep sucking from the forum nipple.

You create 5 threads a day asking rookie questions, and never once seen you reply to other threads with any value.

Dont worry, I will hang around for another 9 yrs and wait for that prized moment.

thanks for the replies.. med supps telesales is often a 2 call transaction.
this is what I will do:
after getting the supplement plan locked down, I will ask the insured to go to her pharmacy and get a list of all her meds.. while she is there.. " ask the pharmacist to show you the best part d plan for the meds you take. and have him print that out.. call me when you have the list of your meds and his plan suggestion..
I will make sure you get the correct plan D.

good enough???

Why ask for a list when the meds are probably sitting right on the kitchen table or in a basket on the fridge? You're wasting time trying to save time.

However, I do understand the hassle you might go through trying to get a client to give you the right info on the drugs over the phone. If you learn your plans, soon you will be able to pretty much figure out the plan they need by the meds. In the beginning you will probably fumble around, but once you really get going, should be easy.

Most folks know what they are taking. They may have to look at the bottle to see the dosage, or the generic name, but they know what they are taking and what it is for.

I always ask them to send me an email with their med's . . . so I don't have to ask them to spell anything that is not aspirin. Sometimes they say "I only take one, let me give it to you now.", which is fine. But I still prefer to get their list via email so there is never any question about missing a drug that was left off.

Most folks know what they are taking. They may have to look at the bottle to see the dosage, or the generic name, but they know what they are taking and what it is for.

I always ask them to send me an email with their med's . . . so I don't have to ask them to spell anything that is not aspirin. Sometimes they say "I only take one, let me give it to you now.", which is fine. But I still prefer to get their list via email so there is never any question about missing a drug that was left off.

^^^This. I always get the list so that if they come back a few months later and complain about a medication being highly priced or not covered, I can show them the list they sent me. Doesn't happen often, but occasionally people will forget a medication.

I also encourage them to review the comparison I send them so they can double check the medication list. This way we can catch it BEFORE we enroll them in a plan and they are stuck for the year.

Back