Can writing to Congress make a difference in our selling PFFS Plans

From what I have been told, they will not offer an MA only plan.

Reason is that Humana tracks the drug use of its members. If it feels that a member is a higher risk to insure based on medication, they will go to CMS for additional funding on those cases.

With an MA only plan, they could not do so.

At least that was the answer I was given when I asked why.

Wow... well there.. isn't that something new I just learned today; thank you Midwest. I had no idea a carrier and ask for more $$$ for a member's cost in drugs! Interesting. Thank you for asking for me. I greatly appreciate it.

Looks like the bad got the best of the industry with temp halt of selling PFFS plans.

I'll admit I was a bit stunned for the hault right now, but definitely not stunned by them buckling down. Too many issues on docs ends and far far too many deceptive agents. Makes me all excited for next year... i tell ya....:no:

Re: Can writing to Congress make a difference in our selling PFFS

agree; we should explain both and advise accordingly; so Midwest, do you happen to know if Humana is coming out with an MA only plan for next year?

Re: Can writing to Congress make a difference in our selling PFFS

agree; we should explain both and advise accordingly; so Midwest, do you happen to know if Humana is coming out with an MA only plan for next year?

Hon...do you realize that thread is over 2 years old??

Back